Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Open Carry Experiment...

http://reverbpress.com/justice/open-...m-in-policing/

I won't bother making any commentary on what is going on, I'll leave that up to you.

All I know is that if Open Carry is legal, ANYONE should be able to do it.

Personally, with all the nonsense that Cops are pulling, I'm beginning to FAVOR Open Carry laws.

Citizens should NOT fear their government...

Thanks to American Cops I am now 100% FOR the 2nd Amendment.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 05-22-2015 at 01:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex
    All I know is that if Open Carry is legal, ANYONE should be able to do it.

With the exception of convicted felons, anyone already is allowed to open carry except in liberal states like NY, Florida and DC. Oddly, open carry is not permitted in Texas, although it is in legislation right now. Even rural counties in California allow it.

The video clearly shows bias against a black man by the police. However, I take issue with this statement.

That’s where their similarities end. It’s awfully strange how the NRA-sponsored GOP loves open carry — and law enforcement tolerates it — but not when black people do it.

The author managed to neatly tie together a claim that the NRA and GOP (NRA-sponsored GOP) does not support open carry when blacks do it. That is entirely false and 100% unsubstantiated. Open carry is supported for all, regardless of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.

To show just how ignorant this is...a screenshot of the front page of the NRA for your enjoyment.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

I am all for carrying a weapon. I do it daily. I have a concealed carry permit. I do understand that most places allow open carry, but why in the world would anybody want to carry openly? First, it can scare normal citizens and especially children. Second. You never know how any cop is going to react they all react differently in different situations. Doesn't really matter what skin color you are. Obviously this case the black guy was treated differently, but my question would be. If it were the same cop stopping both of the people would they be treated the same? I'm guessing probably so. And my 3rd point about open carry is what are you accomplishing? I use my weapon for my defense and the defense of other who may be in danger. If i am in a store and johnny joe robs the place and sees someone with an open carry weapon don't you think he is going to just shoot at that person right away because they are an immediate threat? I can come up with a million reasons why we should conceal our weapons instead of open carry. I would myself be very cautious of someone with an open carry weapon. If you open carry you better expect someone to ask why you are doing it and especially the way law enforcement has been threatened and accused of abuse and racism i wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the people regardless of skin color are treated the same way the black man was treated in the video. LET BE SMART ABOUT THE THINGS WE DO! and avoid the bad situations
    Last edited by greg271126817; 05-22-2015 at 09:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am all for carrying a weapon. I do it daily. I have a concealed carry permit. I do understand that most places allow open carry, but why in the world would anybody want to carry openly? First, it can scare normal citizens and especially children. Second. You never know how any cop is going to react they all react differently in different situations. Doesn't really matter what skin color you are. Obviously this case the black guy was treated differently, but my question would be. If it were the same cop stopping both of the people would they be treated the same? I'm guessing probably so. And my 3rd point about open carry is what are you accomplishing? I use my weapon for my defense and the defense of other who may be in danger. If i am in a store and johnny joe robs the place and sees someone with an open carry weapon don't you think he is going to just shoot at that person right away because they are an immediate threat? I can come up with a million reasons why we should conceal our weapons instead of open carry. I would myself be very cautious of someone with an open carry weapon. If you open carry you better expect someone to ask why you are doing it and especially the way law enforcement has been threatened and accused of abuse and racism i wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the people regardless of skin color are treated the same way the black man was treated in the video. LET BE SMART ABOUT THE THINGS WE DO! and avoid the bad situations

I see open carry in my area almost every day. Nobody is ever questioned about it by the cops as far as I know.

No one should "expect someone to ask why you are doing it" if they open carry. It is a Constitutionally protected right. Should they expect to be questioned why they are talking (1st Amendment), why they are selling alcohol (21st Amendment) or why they are voting (26th Amendment)? Being challenged simply for using your Constitutional rights is a violation of your civil rights.

Some of the things you express are exactly why open carry should happen. People should not feel threatened by simply the sight of someone open carrying. The mere sight of a gun should not elicit fear.

Yes, open carry can make you a primary target of someone committing a crime, assuming they are willing to murder. Someone who is not willing to kill to commit their crime will be inclined to not do so at the sight of an armed person, much the way they wouldn't try to rob a store with a cop standing in it. The threat to their own safety is a deterrent in itself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

I see open carry in my area almost every day. Nobody is ever questioned about it by the cops as far as I know.

No one should "expect someone to ask why you are doing it" if they open carry. It is a Constitutionally protected right. Should they expect to be questioned why they are talking (1st Amendment), why they are selling alcohol (21st Amendment) or why they are voting (26th Amendment)? Being challenged simply for using your Constitutional rights is a violation of your civil rights.

Some of the things you express are exactly why open carry should happen. People should not feel threatened by simply the sight of someone open carrying. The mere sight of a gun should not elicit fear.

Yes, open carry can make you a primary target of someone committing a crime, assuming they are willing to murder. Someone who is not willing to kill to commit their crime will be inclined to not do so at the sight of an armed person, much the way they wouldn't try to rob a store with a cop standing in it. The threat to their own safety is a deterrent in itself.

Where do you live where you see open carry daily? I have been all across the country and have not personally seen it once! All open carry does is create a suspicion between individuals. If cops shoot these supposed "unarmed innocent people" then why would we as people give them a reason to even think about shooting us. Just conceal it and there wont ever be a problem. There are a lot of people who see open carry as a threat. Its not normal. This is 2015, not the old west. People don't just walk around with guns open in the public anymore. Again, i have no problem with carrying weapons it is our right, but if you openly carry you are just asking for trouble.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I live in West Virginia. Just saw a guy a day or two ago in Outback Steak House in Beckley, WV open carrying.

Don't take this personally, because I mean no insult or harm at all. I know people like you and am friends with them. I "lovingly" refer to them as gun apologists. You support gun rights, but feel some need to protect the masses from the knowledge that guns exist or are nearby. You are pandering to the liberal anti-gun nuts by doing this. By hiding guns from view we create an overly sensitive reaction to the sight of them. That is why we have children being shot by cops because they have an airsoft gun and kids being suspended from school for eating their Poptart into the shape of a gun. People who can be overheard saying "Guns kill people" are the ones who are offended or frightened at the sight of a gun, not people who are informed about guns and gun rights.

I am curious as to why you think open carry is asking for trouble. Trouble from who? What trouble?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Whether you guys want to admit it or not. The USA has a problem with guns, and it's your GUN CULTURE that is leading the way. Open carry only enhances this gun culture.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Whether you guys want to admit it or not. The USA has a problem with guns, and it's your GUN CULTURE that is leading the way. Open carry only enhances this gun culture.

The only problem we have with guns are gangs. Blacks are more than twice as likely to die from gun violence as whites and nearly 3 times as likely as Hispanics. Blacks represent 13% of the population of the US, but are 55% of the gun deaths. That isn't because law-abiding black gun owners are killing each other. It is illegal guns that are being used for that.

A little proof of this...your home country Canada has 30.8 guns per 100k (slightly over 1/3rd of the US), but just a homicide by gun rate of .51 per hundred thousand (less than 1/5th of the US). What else does Canada not have a problem with? Inner city gangs. Saskatoon is the "gang hotspot" with a whopping .89 gang related murders per 100k people per year (or about 2 per year). Compare that to Chicago which regularly hits 500 gang deaths (18.38 per 100k people). But to be fair let's compare apples to apples...Birmingham, AL has a population of 212,000, almost identical to that of Saskatoon (202,000), and they had 79 gang related deaths in 2012.

Guns aren't the problem in America, gangs are.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The only problem we have with guns are gangs. Blacks are more than twice as likely to die from gun violence as whites and nearly 3 times as likely as Hispanics. Blacks represent 13% of the population of the US, but are 55% of the gun deaths. That isn't because law-abiding black gun owners are killing each other. It is illegal guns that are being used for that.

A little proof of this...your home country Canada has 30.8 guns per 100k (slightly over 1/3rd of the US), but just a homicide by gun rate of .51 per hundred thousand (less than 1/5th of the US). What else does Canada not have a problem with? Inner city gangs. Saskatoon is the "gang hotspot" with a whopping .89 gang related murders per 100k people per year (or about 2 per year). Compare that to Chicago which regularly hits 500 gang deaths (18.38 per 100k people). But to be fair let's compare apples to apples...Birmingham, AL has a population of 212,000, almost identical to that of Saskatoon (202,000), and they had 79 gang related deaths in 2012.

Guns aren't the problem in America, gangs are.

Throw that 55% out the window and what are you left with? The remaining 45% of gun deaths dwarf other civilized countries. Guns are the problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Throw that 55% out the window and what are you left with? The remaining 45% of gun deaths dwarf other civilized countries. Guns are the problem.

No, idiots are the problem.
    As the famous Mr Larson once said, "Guns don't kill people, I do"
    http://usconservatives.about.com/od/...erspective.htm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast