Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Question about uncut card sheets?

Hey everyone, saw an uncut sheets of OPC rookies on Ebay which got me wondering, How and who does one get to cut them??
    I was thinking if they were cut perfectly, than the edges, centering and corners should all grade close to 10.0...right?
    Would BGS grade these the same as other cards?
    Thanks in advance.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

I did a quick search with google and it seems BGS / BVG would grade such a card but not PSA and i doubt SGC would either.
    Here is a quote from one web page i stopped on in my search.
    "The main caution regarding BGS is that they will grade sheet-cut cards. Somewhat controversial in the hobby, some collectors won't touch sheet-cut cards, while others have no problem with them. Your own personal stance will help to determine whether you will consider BGS when shopping for graded cards. BVG is Beckett's vintage grading department, and the same caveat regarding sheet cuts applies."
    To me the fact the only positive thing i have to say about graded cards is a holder that well protects your card. There have been numerous grading frauds/scams/errors and the mere fact how subjective it can be is beyond belief. Personally i would never touch a laser cut older card. I have been collecting cards off and on since i was kid starting with 1968 baseball and hockey and those older cards rarely had the sharp edge let alone a laser sharp edge.Older cards go PSA or SGC newer cards well BGS sells well but they will grade any thing and if you don't like the grade you get back just send it in again until you get the grade you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sheet cut cards is why I avoid BGS for vintage, and sheet cut BGS cards are usually pretty obvious. Clean edges, and lower subgrades for the surface. And surface is why you shouldn't assume gem grades, most sheets have scratches and other surface issues.