Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Oh, it all makes complete sense - I get how it works after it's run through random.org – But since it's going into random.org anyway, there's no advantage to picking #1 now or #10 now in terms of choosing cards after the break (since the choosing of numbers today has no bearing on the actual draft order)

I guess I'm confused on the point of having anyone choose numbers now, since no number will give you a better chance at the first pick (or the fourth, or seventh) since by its very nature random.org is totally random. It's no different than having a list of ten names other than people get to pick where on the list their name is, correct?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

correct Josh, It's a way to keep track of how many spots have been taken as well. Som people like picking numbers as well as it's lucky for them or a players jersey number (I took bosh's jersey numbers as my slot numbers)

SCF Rewards
    Country

correct Josh, It's a way to keep track of how many spots have been taken as well. Som people like picking numbers as well as it's lucky for them or a players jersey number (I took bosh's jersey numbers as my slot numbers)

I was actually only going to do it if I could take Bosh's jersey numbers, but then you did, so now I'm not going to.

:P

On a Bosh-related note, I have a Bosh 05/06 Exquisite three-color patch auto en route to me. I thought of you when I made the deal.

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Yup you got it, I like to pick my spot , i like to play the lucky number aspect of choosing a spot prior to the random, ironically I use random.org to choose my pre-random number lol, I don't know for me it adds an extra layer of excitement hoping I choose the correct spot to get #1.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

am I getting this right?
    once the names are randomized and we have the order does the order go like this?
    1 thru 10
    then 10 back to 1
    and back again

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Yes here is how it would look.

Draft Order Example:

1, 20, 21
    2, 19, 22
    3, 18, 23
    4, 17, 24
    5, 16, 25
    6, 15, 26
    7, 14, 27
    8, 13, 28
    9, 12, 29
    10,11, 30, 31

And so forth, does that make sense, want to make sure its easy to understand. Daniel

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

I was actually only going to do it if I could take Bosh's jersey numbers, but then you did, so now I'm not going to.

:P

On a Bosh-related note, I have a Bosh 05/06 Exquisite three-color patch auto en route to me. I thought of you when I made the deal.

pm what ur thinking as far as a trade goes

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

am I getting this right?
    once the names are randomized and we have the order does the order go like this?
    1 thru 10
    then 10 back to 1
    and back again

That is correct! Also, just a note to add. The case is split in 2 halves. hence, no one is stuck with the dreaded last pick.
    Any questions just ask.

Don

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I guess I'm confused on the point of having anyone choose numbers now, since no number will give you a better chance at the first pick (or the fourth, or seventh) since by its very nature random.org is totally random. It's no different than having a list of ten names other than people get to pick where on the list their name is, correct?[/QUOTE]

As the others have said there and you noted the odds are the same. Using the lotto as a example why do some people play the same number each week? Why do some people use bday, their age, etc. for their choice? As you say it gives you no advantage crept you can choose a slot if you wish. As in the hockey forum some people just post they will take a slot and are happy with just being assigned a number. My thinking is if a person would like to pick a slot why not let them.

As always if u have questions just ask.

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 05-28-2015 at 06:35 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

pm what ur thinking as far as a trade goes

Not sure it's going to be available...I'll mull it over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast