Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Cup artist proof cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cup artist proof cards

I am looking at buying some Cup artist proof cards, but I know nothing about them. They are listed as slightly larger then normal cards, from uncut sheets and only available via redemption from UD. There are said to be very rare. Anyone have any good information for me before I get some of them? Thanks for the read and response...
    I collect anything I need from 07-08 Ultra hockey..07-08 Heroes and Prospects.
    Looking for JONAS BRODIN cards I need........also any YG's I need from various years
    Collecting 11-12 Contenders NHL INK GOLD
    Trade and Want list Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See Cardcaptain91's Items on eBay

Artist proof's are printed to the amount of an actual card would be numbered to.

For example:

an artist proof for a black 1/1 base card would mean the artist proof is a 1/1 also since the card the artist proof is for is a 1/1 in it's self.

Hope this helps you a little bit with the rarity on them!

Cheers,

Frank

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Well sir, they're rare in that someone cut up a Cup sheet and is selling it off one by one, and since that guy on eBay seems to be the only one doing it then I guess they're all pretty much 1/1's.........

That said, are they "worth" anything? Not really. If you're a player collector then it's neat to have one or two or a few of your PC guy, or if you're SedinFan then all of them hahahaa.

As well, every now and then there's a card from the sheet that never actually made it into the actual set, so THAT'S cool.

AS WELL.............. sometimes you get to meet a player for an autograph signing and turn your "proof" into an actual thing :)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you want to know how rare they are, take a look at the checklists from The Cup.

Look at how many copies of a redemption card for that sheet were inserted. Usually between 1 and 3.

Sellers that chop them up (vs someone who frames them) are also limited.

There is likely no more than 1 or 2 copies of that "artists proof" card out there, because the sheets themselves were very limited.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

Another thing worth mentioning is that the cards cut from the sheet are not the same thickness as a regular Cup card. They are on regular card stock. I was surprised by that when I got the one I have. Also feels like it might be thinner than regular card thickness.