Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Listen: The Worst Hockey Call That 670 The Score Can Remember Ever Taking

(CBS) At age 27, Jonathan Toews has two Stanley Cups, two Olympic gold medals and a well-earned reputation as one the best hockey players in the world.
    At age unknown, 670 The Score listener Joe in Naperville has access to a phone, is a self-proclaimed hockey fan “for a long time” and recently came up with one of the worst sports thoughts in the world. That’s about all we know about him.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/06/...r-ever-taking/

SCF Rewards
    Country

That guy was on something when he made that call,Seguin has how many Stanley Cups?
    Blackhawks wantlist,Hockey/Baseball traders @ Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think just the one.

That guy was on something when he made that call,Seguin has how many Stanley Cups?

Towes is a fantastic player. There probably are some GMs around the league that would pick him first if they could have anyone. Best player? I don't think so, but I would certainly put him in the top 5.

Dude did a horrible job trying to make his point, but I think the hosts didn't do a great job either. The point he was trying to make was that Toews isn't even close to being amoung the league leaders in points (he ranked 23rd this year) so to call him the "best" player in the league is a little much.

The hosts then turn to Corsi & Fenwick to defend him.... and while I'm all for the use of advanced stats like that, it's nonsense to dismiss points as a reason why someone is inferior, and then point to analytics and insist that it makes them the best. (Of course I don't think Toews needs defending, the caller wasn't very bright).

Would I take Tyler Seguin over Jonathan Toews? No, not a chance. I think Toews brings things to the table other than points that make him a more valuable player. I'm not sure where exactly I'd rank him.... Toews might be in my top 5 (I'd have to think about it a little more) Seguin might be in my top 10.