Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

WHY do we allow the Confederate flag to fly on our state capitols?

Seriously why?

The Confederacy was a group of TRAITORS....they ABANDONED the union, they fought a literal bloody war to stay OUT of the union.

So why is the UNION flying their DISGUSTING Flag?

A flag that symbolizes a horrific time for the U.S.

A flag that to many blacks symbolizes HATRED.

A flag that quite honestly has NOTHING to do with the UNITED States of America.

Now, I'm going to say this very clearly so there is no misinterpretation.

I DO NOT want anyone to "Ban" anything, especially a flag.

IF citizens want to fly the Confederate flag, the Swastika, or hell even the ISIS flag on their private property.....by all means they should be FREE to do so.

BUT....our government, neither federal or state, should endorse such a thing.

SHAME on South Carolina for continuing to fly the confederate flag.

And SHAME on all the other Southern states that also do it.

This isn't about "heritage" this is about your state government endorsing a flag that represents TRAITORS.

Last edited by JustAlex; 06-22-2015 at 01:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

State rights? so you need to ask the states that still fly them. no crap flags flying in Ohio or at my house.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I cannot disagree that the time for the Confederate Flag to fly in the public square has passed, but how in the world do you make this change without brining the Redneck masses to arms? Serious question, unfortunately.

Seriously why?

The Confederacy was a group of TRAITORS....they ABANDONED the union, they fought a literal bloody war to stay OUT of the union.

So why is the UNION flying their DISGUSTING Flag?

A flag that symbolizes a horrific time for the U.S.

A flag that to many blacks symbolizes HATRED.

A flag that quite honestly has NOTHING to do with the UNITED States of America.

Now, I'm going to say this very clearly so there is no misinterpretation.

I DO NOT want anyone to "Ban" anything, especially a flag.

IF citizens want to fly the Confederate flag, the Swastika, or hell even the ISIS flag on their private property.....by all means they should be FREE to do so.

BUT....our government, neither federal or state, should endorse such a thing.

SHAME on South Carolina for continuing to fly the confederate flag.

And SHAME on all the other Southern states that also do it.

This isn't about "heritage" this is about your state government endorsing a flag that represents TRAITORS.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I cannot disagree that the time for the Confederate Flag to fly in the public square has passed, but how in the world do you make this change without brining the Redneck masses to arms? Serious question, unfortunately.

That is a serious question. Even here in Iowa I think there would be a call to arms...

SCF Rewards
    Country

What are they gonna do?

Let them get angry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

BREAKING NEWS!!!

GOP Senator Lindsey Graham of SC has called for the REMOVAL of the confederate flag from state grounds!!

^WOW, tons of props to Mr. Graham if he can get this done.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I always find this kind of comical. The people who are most offended by the Confederate flag are the ones who never had anything to fear from slavery. I could see elderly blacks who were around during the days of oppression and were forced to ride in the back of the bus being offended, but a bunch of white people and blacks who are under 40 being offended is a joke.

I personally could care less either way. Take it down, leave it up, whatever. I just can't get pass the silliness of a bunch of white people being offended by it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Well put and the funny thing is most don't even know the back story of the flag. I would not fly it personally but that is anothers right isn't it? Funny how we only want to protect certain freedoms when it is fit for ones self.
    I always find this kind of comical. The people who are most offended by the Confederate flag are the ones who never had anything to fear from slavery. I could see elderly blacks who were around during the days of oppression and were forced to ride in the back of the bus being offended, but a bunch of white people and blacks who are under 40 being offended is a joke.

I personally could care less either way. Take it down, leave it up, whatever. I just can't get pass the silliness of a bunch of white people being offended by it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well put and the funny thing is most don't even know the back story of the flag. I would not fly it personally but that is anothers right isn't it? Funny how we only want to protect certain freedoms when it is fit for ones self.

I don't think there are many that understand much of anything about the Civil War, why it started or what role slavery played in it. I have heard many people say the Civil War was over slavery yet they can't explain why the Civil War started in April 1861, nearly two full years before the Emancipation Proclamation. Slavery was but a small part of the bigger issue that the South was upset over, an issue called sectionalism. They also can't grasp that while most northern states were free, the white in the north were both getting rich off of the backs of southern slaves and many had slaves themselves. Abolishing slavery in the South was nothing more than a political ploy by Lincoln to try and win the war.

I personally don't fly a rebel flag, but I know people who do including my neighbor, and none of the ones that I know that do are racist. For them it is Southern heritage pride, nothing more.

I also find it amazingly ironic that the exact people who support burning the American flag as a form of free speech fully support banning flying another flag while totally ignoring those people's right to free speech.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I don't think there are many that understand much of anything about the Civil War, why it started or what role slavery played in it. I have heard many people say the Civil War was over slavery yet they can't explain why the Civil War started in April 1861, nearly two full years before the Emancipation Proclamation. Slavery was but a small part of the bigger issue that the South was upset over, an issue called sectionalism. They also can't grasp that while most northern states were free, the white in the north were both getting rich off of the backs of southern slaves and many had slaves themselves. Abolishing slavery in the South was nothing more than a political ploy by Lincoln to try and win the war.

I personally don't fly a rebel flag, but I know people who do including my neighbor, and none of the ones that I know that do are racist. For them it is Southern heritage pride, nothing more.

I also find it amazingly ironic that the exact people who support burning the American flag as a form of free speech fully support banning flying another flag while totally ignoring those people's right to free speech.

I could not agree more. See ignorance plays a huge part in this. We have some who may sound intelligent but then cannot carry out the intelligent rebuttle because of their lack of knowledge or a certain issue. Most cannot even tell you when slavery ended let alone anything about the Civil War

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast