Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Toews - Buy, sell or hold?

His prices seem to be as high as I've ever seen them, judging by completed sales over the past few weeks.

If the 'Hawks win the Cup and this recent upsurge continues, do you think this would be his peak in terms of sale value? I'm curious what others think, especially in terms of his value now vs. a few years down the road.

I'm a little torn. I like the fact that my collection has (on paper) increased in value, but this latest run is making it tough to add more without taking a big hit in the wallet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It also doesn't help that the Toews autos that are inserted into products are usually a rare grouping. I've noticed that the past years there has been a diminishing amount of sticker autos that Toews is inserted into.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

I would say the only way his values go even higher is if they win back to back cups
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

If your looking to sell Craig, now would be the time. I dont see him going higher than he is now.

Lets say they win the Cup, his prices will come back down during summer, stay down during the season ( unless Toews starts competing for the Hart or Rocket trophies ) - which we all know Toews is not that kind of player.

In all honesty, the amount of Cups doesnt matter. The Cup Finals players are up now, especially the guys the media hobby focuses on. He will come back down during the summer and even a bit more during the season with more "hot" player emerging. You'll easily see Toews hit these prices again, next time they are in the Cup final.

Buy the guys that have the most peaks during the season right now .... Crosby / Tavares / Ovechkin type guys. Save your money for Toews when the guys I just listed are hot for the week / month.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I also have a FWA that I will be selling soon. Im waiting till they win the cup (hopefully). If your going to sell then sell now
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

He is 27 now, so should be relevant for next 4 years for sure, maybe one more Cup run and most likely another Oly Gold will get him into legendary status perhaps? 3 and 3...plus another Selke. Hold or buy in late summer and watch his cards steadily rise until he goes into the Hall is my guess...He is about as good as it gets in the modern NHL.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

Toews is a good player - does everything well.
    Truth be told, I'm a sucker for offensive stats - and he just doesn't put them up.
    I'd rather have Ovie w/o the cups, or Tavares, Seguin...and Benn now has an Art Ross Trophy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a by product of a good situation and Canadian media.

Would never win anything on another team and no one would care about him....
    $20 player in reality...

Not even top 20 right now and probably not even top 200 all time...

cups and golds are team awards...

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

it just occured to me that I've never owned a Toews card. Doesn't bother me that I haven't

So to answer your question Craig...sell now...like today. Chicago may not even win the Cup vs Tampa

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Sometimes teams that win consistently do so because of the great players that play on them?

We know they are not stealing anything with their goal-tending, so, who knows, playing an all round Great game
    while still putting up high numbers is the best anyone can do in TODAY's game so...being the best in the game seems to be like the Best, but its not compared to the cherry pickers of the past? right than...

Even Gretzky didn't win without the Oilers so Messier is better?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast