Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

First NHL Game Worn Mask in My Museum! WOW!!!!

Born on January 29,1973 in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Steve Passmore played seven seasons in the WHLand won a Memorial Cup with the Kamloops Blazers before turning pro. He wasdrafted by the Quebec Nordiques 196th overall in 1992 but did not get hischance in the big league until the 1998-99 season, while with the NHL'sEdmonton Oilers. In his debut, on February 24, 1999, Passmore battledagainst future Oiler Dominic Roussel and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, but the teamfell 2-1, despite Passmore's 22 save performance. Passmore appeared in sixgames with the Oilers before landing with the Chicago Blackhawks as a backup in1999-00. He was then traded to Los Angeles that year, before being traded backin the 2000-01 season. He remained in Chicago until the conclusion of the2003-04 and was close to making the Coyotes' roster after 2004-05 lockout. Heplayed one final season in 2005-06 in the AHL and in Finland before eventuallyretiring from play and becoming a financial advisor in British Columbia.

In his career, Passmore appeared in 93 regular season games, recording a23-44-12 record with two shutouts, two assists, a 2.79GAA, and a 0.895% saveaverage. On top of that, he appeared in three playoff games and recorded a 0-2record with a 2.62GAA and a 0.903% save average.

This game worn mask was used in the 1998-99 season with the Oilers and with theHamilton Bulldogs. It was used in his NHL debut, first win, first loss, firstpoint, etc., etc. It is undeniablyphotomatched and a stunning piece of both art and sporting history.

Acquired from: Private collector Dustin Slade

Dates of Game Use: Entire 1998-99 AHL/NHL Season

Photomatched: Yes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fromtrashtotreasurechris's Items on eBay

does it smell all sweaty inside?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

does it smell all sweaty inside?

Ooohhhhh yes! LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol awesome! very nice piece!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

lol awesome! very nice piece!

Thanks! The stench is nothing compared to a game worn glove/blocker. Now those pick up odor...the worst I have is Yutaka Fukufuji...smells like something died in the gloves.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ha!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

That is an amazing find. Very well done (smell and all lol)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I would have honestly thought that a mask was a very personal piece of equipment, the one thing a goalie would want to keep. Either way, that's a beautiful addition to the display there Bruce! It looks kinda Avalanche-y though :D

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Congrats Bruce! I've really enjoyed these threads (I'm guessing your location in the country has something to do with why your pieces have been very Oilers heavy..... but for an Oilers fan, it makes for a very fun read)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Thanks for all of the comments everyone!

Congrats Bruce! I've really enjoyed these threads (I'm guessing your location in the country has something to do with why your pieces have been very Oilers heavy..... but for an Oilers fan, it makes for a very fun read)

You'd think so, but Oilers seem to pop up the most frequently in my travels. The mask itself came from a collector in the Northwest Territories, and most of the Oilers stuff I have, have come from all over the States. Of course, I might also be more willing to spend on stuff of the local team...