Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: SI Yankees

SCF Rewards
    Country

SI Yankees

I'll be in NYC for a few days this summer and I might go to a couple of Staten Island Yankees' games if they have some of their draftees down there. It would be my first time attending a minor league game so I was wondering if anybody has any experience graphing at Richmond County Bank Ballpark for both the home and away team.
    Please, let me know!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See howiek1227's Items on eBay

Graphing in the NY-Penn league can't get any easier. I do not think any players have ever said no about signing. Unless there is a major league player rehabbing.
    1st base side is the visitors and 3rd base belongs to the Baby Bombers.
    If you are staying in NYC, your best bet is to take the Ferry from Manhattan. The stadium is about 100 yards from the ferry terminal.
    Enjoy

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! Also, I'd guess most guys sign after BP, right?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, Brooklyn Cyclones & SI Yankees are both very easy to graph at. I have always heard from others that even the rehab guys sign in most cases as well. You get there early you can get players to sign during batting practice, as well as roughly 20-30 minutes before game time as the players get in the dugouts.

Brooklyn has a slight better set up by dugout to get graphs, but SI is easy to do as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll try to get tickets near 3B but I've read that gates only open an hour prior to first pitch, I'd assume SI would have finished BP by then, no? Hopefully security guards aren't as strict as those at Yankee Stadium when it comes to moving from section to section..

SCF Rewards
    Country

You should have no problem. At the lower levels you can usually tell the usher you're going down to do some graphing and they'll even point you in the right direction. I'd just wait near the end of the dugout and get guys when they come in either going out to or coming in from stretching/warming up. That's usually your best bet. These guys are great at A level though. Sometimes if I miss someone I'll ask one of the other players if he's in the dugout or something and they'll go and get him and send him over. I'd be shocked if you don't get the guys you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! Seems nice. I'll also try to snag a ball during BP or try to get a toss-up when they play catch.