Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Yeah, I haven't noticed any problems with items where tracking is involved within Canada. Xpresspost, Expedited Parcels etc. Just regular mail / oversized bubble mailers....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

Same problems here. Took almost 4 weeks to get a package from a sender in Newfoundland. Brutal. Thought for sure it was lost.

Also shipped a package via the post office to the US on Tuesday, opened my mailbox today and it's sitting in my own mailbox. No return to sender, just sitting in my mailbox. No idea why. Postage fees are good.

Something definitely seems up lately.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i have also recently had items that supposedly never made it to their destinations.thought it was a new buyers methodology (read scam) people know that it they make a paypal claim they will win everytime. so they get their item and their money back. good deal if you do it sparadically. also noticed people saying their item has been damaged enroute and want a full refund. i always agree but i insist they return the card(s) before i offer the refund. in three cases like this lately the buyer has said \\\' naw forget it i was just telling you so you would ship more securely next time. and then they leave positive feedback!!! wow people constantly amaze me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

on a similar side note....

its costs us 1.80 to send a thin light package to the states.
    the postal outlet i go to does not sell 1.80 stamps.
    you either buy a 1.85 stamp (plus the taxes of course) or
    you buy two 0.85 stamps ana a 10 cent stamp
    makes sense right.. except for the fact that the 85 cent stamps cost us 1.00 each (unless if we buy 10 or more) so 2 of them costs us $2.26 for the same 1.80 package and we still need to buy the 10 cent stamop as well!! plus tax so the 1.80 original price if they made the stamp ends up costing us $2.10 plus tax! just because they dont have the right stamps available only in canada! oh yeah and because we dont have pennies anymore they will round up to the next 5 cent increment.
    what a nickel and dime operation we have here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

It currently costs 2.90 or 2.95 to send a bubble mailer to the US. Is this what you mean?

I usually throw a 1.80 + 1.20 on there any be done with it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

no i mean a thin bubble that goes thru their little slot and weighs less than 30 grams, goes as a letter - $ 1.80.
    can buy these at a dollar store around here - 6 for a buck. kinda thin used only to ship low dollar cards you cant fit a medium decoy in with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Finally got the card I was complaining about yesterday. It was coming from Calgary, not Saskatchewan. FIFTEEN business days to Ottawa.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Are any other members experiencing slow shipping from Canada Post? I mailed about 60 packages the week of May 25, and today I have had 4 people within Ontario asking about their cards. Shouldnt take 2 1/2 weeks to get there within the same province, should it?

haha, at least I know why ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh I wanted to add something... Late April/Early May I shipped 7 Molson Stanley Cup Rings. On 1 Particular day I sent 2 to Quebec and 1 to Ontario. I live in Ontario and the 2 rings I sent to Quebec cost less than the 1 ring I sent to Ontario. I asked why and the lady said parcels are all sent to Quebec first and then shipped out again. This is only when sent from Ontario and Eastern provinces.

Is this new? Is everything re-directed to a sorting facility in Quebec first and the re-distributed?

I have 3 cases opened against me from May 15th alone. 2 in Ontario and 1 in Tennessee. The one in Tennessee is not a hockey card but an SS Totenkopf Honor Ring.

Strangely enough.. the other day I received a message from eBay saying my SS Totenkopf Honor Ring listing was taken down due to Nazi references... nearly 1 month AFTER The listing was sold.

Not sure what is going on these days... some sort of cosmic alignment maybe but the energy surrounding my hobbies is most definitely off to some degree.

Work at a Canada Post here as a part-time job. In our region (ON and QC) all stuff goes to Montreal then gets sorted there. It is new, since they shut down the sorting facility here in Ottawa

SCF Rewards
    Country

on a similar side note....

its costs us 1.80 to send a thin light package to the states.
    the postal outlet i go to does not sell 1.80 stamps.
    you either buy a 1.85 stamp (plus the taxes of course) or
    you buy two 0.85 stamps ana a 10 cent stamp
    makes sense right.. except for the fact that the 85 cent stamps cost us 1.00 each (unless if we buy 10 or more) so 2 of them costs us $2.26 for the same 1.80 package and we still need to buy the 10 cent stamop as well!! plus tax so the 1.80 original price if they made the stamp ends up costing us $2.10 plus tax! just because they dont have the right stamps available only in canada! oh yeah and because we dont have pennies anymore they will round up to the next 5 cent increment.
    what a nickel and dime operation we have here.

thats just your postal outlet then, 1.85 cent stamps don't exist anymore (that was old international postage until march 31/14) and no, 85 cent stamps don't cost $1 unless you buy 10, you are buying $1 stamps lol. They say $1.00 on them. So this is deff just your postal outlet lol.. THEY are running some kind of operation

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast