Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

NAACP leader outed as a white person pretending to be black person?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ack-years.html

The parents of a white NAACP leader who claimed to be African American have claimed that she cut them out because she didn't want them ruining her image.

Larry and Ruthanne Dolezal spoke from their home in Troy, Montana on Friday after they revealed that their daughter, Spokane's NAACP Chapter President Rachel Dolezal, has been misleading people about her ethnicity for years.

Dolezal, who has been a civil rights activist across Idaho and Washington and works part-time as an Africana Studies professor at Eastern Washington University, is now facing a city ethics probe for falsely claiming on an application that she was black.

Reached by the Spokesman-Review, Dolezal answered questions about her ethnicity by saying: 'That question is not as easy as it seems... There's a lot of complexities … and I don't know that everyone would understand that... We're all from the African continent.'

She moved to Spokane in 2012 and has since used social media as an outlet for her frustrations about being a person of color in a very white corner of America.

A November 2013 post about the release of the film 12 Years a Slave, reads in part:

Probably not the best film to take a white partner on a first date to, just-sayin...In fact, over the years I have learned the only way to screen a Black-themed film in Whitopia (aka Idaho/Eastern Washington) is to: 1) arrive a little early so you have a choice in seating 2) sit in the top, back row so that if white people are inclined to stare, they have to turn all the way around to do it 3) sit in the top, back row so that during the movie people aren't constantly looking at you to monitor the 'Black response' to the film.

And in another post, along with selfies of her with a curly mane, the naturally light-haired Dolezal writes: 'Going with the natural look as I start my 36th year.'

Her Eastern Washington University bio also says that Dolezal has been the victim of at least eight 'documented hate crimes'.

While in the position, Dolezal filed multiple police reports ranging from theft to harassment to the racially motivated hanging of a nooses in her home.

In a more recent claim of racially motivated harassment, Dolezal made local headlines early this year when hate mail was supposedly sent to her at the NAACP post office box in Spokane.

However, police reports on the case revealed this week that whoever placed the letters and packages into the box would have had to have the key because none had bar codes or stamps.

Now, the City of Spokane has said they will investigate whether Dolezal violated the city's code of ethics in her application to serve on the citizen police ombudsman commission.

'We are committed to independent citizen oversight and take very seriously the concerns raised regarding the chair of the independent citizen police ombudsman commission,' Spokane Mayor David Condon and City Council President Ben Stuckart said in a statement on Friday.

'We are gathering facts to determine if any city policies related to volunteer boards and commissions have been violated. That information will be reviewed by the City Council, which has oversight of city boards and commissions.'

So how did Dolezal's so easily perforated web of lies fool the city in the first place? City spokesman Brian Coddington explained.

'The community wanted diversity and limited background checks,' Coddington said, explaining to the Coeur d' Alene Press that the committee didn't want to deter applicants with minor criminal pasts. 'The low level background checks were intentional.'

She also claims to have been born in a tepee and that she sued a bow and arrow to hunt for her own food as a kid...
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Silly me for assuming one would be a CP if one were to lead a NAACP chapter

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pathological is the word that comes to my mind.

Victim of 8 hate crimes
    Get to the theater early....
    Sending Hate Mail to yourself

Hope that all of her employers introduce her to the unemployment line.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honest question.

Why can Bruce Jenner become a woman, and be accepted by everyone as a woman, but this woman cannot say that she is, and or, become black and be accepted as black?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Doesn't take much of a rocket scientist to figure out she isn't black. White skin, blue eyes, no African features unless you count her permed hair.

Here she is when she was younger

And now after she has clearly gone to great lengths to try and look black, but still looks white to me

I am sure many people thought she was white, but were way to afraid of her actually having black ancestry and offending her by accusing her of being white to actually say it out loud.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If she had such a passion for the advancement of colored people (a very admirable trait in my book) she should have done it without perpetuating a huge lie to advance her career.

Did she Catfish some kid pictures and high school pictures to show her friends?

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honest question.

Why can Bruce Jenner become a woman, and be accepted by everyone as a woman, but this woman cannot say that she is, and or, become black and be accepted as black?

Well, first of all since I HATE PC culture, I'm going to speak my mind the best I can on this subject.

Bruce/Caitlyn/Whatever the hell he/she wants to call him/herself....will never be 100% female, he/she.....seriously forget the pronouns, That particular person was biologically born as the male sex and has an outward appearance (somewhat) of the female sex.

This may surprise a few people but, as much as I'm ok with Trans-people having the right to outwardly change their sex and as much as they DO deserve to be treated just like everyone else....I personally do NOT fall in line with those that believe that particular person is a woman....or for that matter than ANY trans individual is the outwardly sex they are trying to be.

I believe that particular person is a MALE who has an outward appearance of a FEMALE and wants to be treated as a FEMALE because that particular person believes that the sex that particular person was biologically born with was incorrect.

And science most definitely proves that there is something to this....but I call a spade a SPADE.

Caitlyn is NOT a woman....not biologically anyways, and not 100% either.

Caitlyn is outwardly a female, inwardly a male....that's it, that's all.

The color of skin for humans is one thing, ethnicity is another.....Caucasians can NOT be African descendants just by changing their color or by changing their hair or by embracing their culture....and vice versa.

There are various things people CAN truly change about themselves, even things they are supposedly born with....like religion (for example).

But if you were born Caucasian and male...that is what you are.

You can outwardly change it all you want, but you will NEVER truly be the things you simply can not change.

NATURE/GOD/DNA/Whatever you want to attribute....made you that way.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-14-2015 at 04:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Great post, Alex!

Sadly, too many others on the left are attacking her just after celebrating Bruce/Caitlin; in fact, I just read an article on HuffPost ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7569160.html ) where someone tried to argue these cases aren't really the same thing ... and failed spectacularly, as the black female commenter Amy Lawson illustrated in her brilliant one-paragraph reply at the bottom of the article.

It's illogical and ridiculous - either accept both, or don't accept both. If gender and race are both socially constructed, then folks need to be consistent and treat transracial the same as transgender. Basic linear logic 101. Attempting to twist it in any other way just makes folks look even more absurd.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Honest question.

Bruce Jenner can transition to Caitlyn Jenner and be accepted because she did it honestly and the scientific literature tells us that sexuality is a complicated manner.

This woman could be accepted as a black woman if she so chooses. Few would care if she identifies with a black culture and wants to live her life in that manner. The problem lies with being dishonest about it. Lying on a job application is not acceptable. Denying your parents are who they are is not acceptable. Regardless, I am still willing to cut her some slack. I think she got caught up in her own fantasy life and made some bad choices.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast