Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I was selling some 10-11 Upper Deck Hockey Heroes Painting, Header etc on eBay. Met a guy in my small town so he stopped by to make the deal. He has been collecting Upper Deck for 20 years and he said he was going to stop collecting that year until the news of the Winnepeg Jets resurrection.

So, as stated by someone else any Canadian team winning the cup would bring more business and life into the hobby world, even if only for a short time.

I don't think huge hockey markets like Chicago or Detroit winning again would bring in that much more business. It would just make people pay more for certain rookies.

Minnesota, St. Louis and Nashville I think would bring in the most new collectors to the hobby if they won the cup. Islanders, Jersey, Philly I think would bring collectors back into the hobby even if only for a short time.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Yup agree with all the Canadian teams, those Hab's folks, special...with honorable mention of the Jets who have a seriously fanatically following. They just signed 4th liner Pelusso to a 600 k contract and people are yakking all about here today...and any card still picturing Teemu as a Jet sells for a premium, so if they won a Cup, loony-ville time!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

The Islanders just because it'll press the buttons of the Rangers fans.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

I agree with the Jets resurrection it brought back some people back to the hobby (myself being one). I collected as a kid when my grandparents would take me and it kinda got put on hold as I grew up. When the Jets came back it hit me all over again and was also shortly after I joined this forum. I truly think if Winnipeg still didnt have the Jets I would still be opening 2 boxes a year and not on this forum.

I guess thats another question... Would get Quebec City back or a Seattle team be MORE beneficial than any team winning the cup?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Las Vegas and Seattle seem like it will happen to me to even out both conferences with 16 teams. I see Las Vegas almost selling out in most games just because of the wide variety of people who go there. I for one would actually go to Vegas just to see a Detroit or Toronto game for cheap! Well.. Toronto anyways. Detroit is pretty cheap all around and have lots of free give aways.

I think Quebec City could handle a team again and it would do a lot for the hobby. Quebec cards just like Winnepeg have huge collectors. I don't see that happening in the next... 5+ years. Just seems Vegas and Seattle are needed to even things out, then you would need 2 more expansion teams to fit in Quebec City unless there is another team move.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I've been a Leafs fan my whole life. If the Leafs win, I can't even imagine how high the prices would go. Doesn't matter who's on the team, their card prices will hit the moon.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

The Vegas thing would be very interesting. Lots of over seas travelers head there and is the only place in North America they may go. Although their may not be a boost in Las Vegas NHL collectors the travelers may take the opportunity to watch their only chance at a NHL game and could boost over seas collectors. may be kind of a stretch but potential is there I think.

Las Vegas and Seattle seem like it will happen to me to even out both conferences with 16 teams. I see Las Vegas almost selling out in most games just because of the wide variety of people who go there. I for one would actually go to Vegas just to see a Detroit or Toronto game for cheap! Well.. Toronto anyways. Detroit is pretty cheap all around and have lots of free give aways.

I think Quebec City could handle a team again and it would do a lot for the hobby. Quebec cards just like Winnepeg have huge collectors. I don't see that happening in the next... 5+ years. Just seems Vegas and Seattle are needed to even things out, then you would need 2 more expansion teams to fit in Quebec City unless there is another team move.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

A Habs win (could happen...really) probably wouldn't add new collectors, but I think existing collectors would get deeper pockets. Same with the Leafs (but c'mon, not gonna happen any time soon). A win in the other markets in Canada where the fan base isn't as passionate (insane) would help spark a new generation, I think.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Canadian team, for sure, would be a big boost for a little while. A Toronto or Montreal win is not the same thing though.... either of those would be massive. NHL Memorabilia would basically dwarf anything else in this country for sales :)

There is one other really obvious answer..... Pittsburgh. Crosby is the poster boy of the of the league (like it or not, he is) and if he does well, sales of everything hockey related do well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Vegas is in already. 2 seasons they will have a team.

It's only my thoughts suggesting that Seattle will also have a team at the same time. To me it only makes sense. You cant just introduce 1 team and not have a counter team to even things out.

Bettman has been marketing hockey as much as possible. USA has 11x the population that Canada has. Why put a team in Quebec City (effing awesome city if you ever wanna go to Canada you need to go here... then Montreal and then Ottawa cause after Montreal you wont have money left so may as well catch a Senators game :P) when you can put a team in Vegas an get Worldly attraction. Same thing as NFL Football going to where 'Football' became big (England) to no avail because everyone made fun of American football there.

NHL in Europe. Basketball in China. Baseball in Japan.

Only difference here is 50% of my family is British and everyone respects Hockey. It's rougher than Rugby. It's respected. Don't ever get rid of fighting and enforcers 100% then it just becomes every other crappy sport.

*Smiles a toothless grin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12