Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Real or Ghost signed?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Real or Ghost signed?

This is my Gordie Howe i got TTM. Something about it doesn't look right. I heard rumors of a ghost signer going around, idk. The main thing that makes me suspicious is the H's. The H in Hi is extremely neat but then it changed. Thoughts please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Country
    See cala-robe's Items on eBay

I just sent out a Puck to him hoping for the best. You also have to think peoples autos change over time. Plus he suffered a few Strokes. Bobby Doerr is Another great example. I sent to him the last 3 years and each time his sig have changed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See N/A's Items on eBay

It wouldn't surprise me if that was actually gordie. In my view, a ghost signer would try to be neater. It looks like you sent it to his son Murray's house outside of Toledo and that Lubbock was scratched out. Gordie doesn't do signings anymore, presumably because of the strokes. But if you sent it to Murray's house, it wouldn't surprise me if Gordie actually tried to sign it. He's always been very connected to his fans and that may be his way of trying to keep a connection. I'd be very surprised if he ever did another signing, but I guess you never know. I believe he just had another stem cell treatment, so who knows how much that will help him. The first treatment basically brought him back to life.

The whole thing makes sense because Lubbock is scratched out on your envelope. His daughter lives in Lubbock and that is where he had previously been staying. I'd say it's legit. Obviously not a great representative auto from Gordie, but probably the best he is capable of these days.
    Last edited by borisplante; 07-13-2015 at 10:08 PM.