Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Lets see or hear about the biggest/most difficult set you have attempted/completed!

So for some reason, back in 09 or so when I was getting into this...hobby, I got hooked on Black Diamond Quad jerseys,
    mainly the Gold version #25, but I liked the way they looked with the base, or white version also, so...

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/mo...20Diamond%20PC

In total 146/194, with 70/96 golds and 76/98 white, think that is right as there are 2 more whites than gold in the set.

Most likely never to be completed... mostly because I have Never seen some of the star Golds like Gretzky, Modanno, Zetty, St. Louis...
    guessing they are stored away in PC's. A few of the base jerseys are mega rare ssp's that I have never seen also.

Anyway not completed but still looks pretty darn cool, lets see some more!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

12/13 Motown Madness Game Used Patch Red set.

42 card set, 36 cards with a print run /9 and 6 short prints with a print run of /4.

And to make things worse I didn't decide to chase the set until a year after it was released meaning a good majority of them were already locked up in Detroit collectors PC's by the time I decided to start chasing it.

Out of the 42 I'm up to 25 of them or 59% of the set but of course I don't have any of the SP's and doubt I will any time soon. All together including doubles I have 31 and I just put out a $100 for the Crozier Gold 1/1 on ebay, I plan on using that as a filler until I can find the regular red version of it.

http://mattdmc.weebly.com/motown-madness-gu.html

I doubt it if I ever finish the set but at least I'll always have something to look for! Just ordered 3 more boxes of Motown too, out of 48 boxes so far I never pulled one patch myself but I have a good feeling about these 3 boxes that are coming!

SCF Rewards
    Country

12/13 Motown Madness Game Used Patch Red set.

42 card set, 36 cards with a print run /9 and 6 short prints with a print run of /4.

And to make things worse I didn't decide to chase the set until a year after it was released meaning a good majority of them were already locked up in Detroit collectors PC's by the time I decided to start chasing it.

Out of the 42 I'm up to 25 of them or 59% of the set but of course I don't have any of the SP's and doubt I will any time soon. All together including doubles I have 31 and I just put out a $100 for the Crozier Gold 1/1 on ebay, I plan on using that as a filler until I can find the regular red version of it.

http://mattdmc.weebly.com/motown-madness-gu.html

I doubt it if I ever finish the set but at least I'll always have something to look for! Just ordered 3 more boxes of Motown too, out of 48 boxes so far I never pulled one patch myself but I have a good feeling about these 3 boxes that are coming!

Those look great together! Good luck with your boxes, great idea, I should order a few boxes just for fun of pulling one!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Those look great together! Good luck with your boxes, great idea, I should order a few boxes just for fun of pulling one!

Thanks! Good luck to you as well on your set and good luck if you do decide to break a few boxes!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugehitter31's Items on eBay

Currently working on 11/12 NHL Ink set. Got some of the big ones (selanne, Yzerman) but missing big ones too (crosby malkin Lemieux). Only 4 left but can't wait to finish it if I ever can haha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

2010-2011 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary Retro Set. Took 3-1/2 years to finish, but got it all. Base, Young Guns, Short Prints, both Missing Link cards, and both the Crosby and Orr autos. I have since added one of the two John Tavares Buybacks from 12-13, but need the one out of ten now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For me, two sets...

ITG Lord Stanley's Mug
    Regular cards/inserts 145/145 = 100%
    Autographs 285/285 = 100%
    Memorabilia 355/359 = 99%
    Henri Richard Tribute 33/33 = 100%
    Gold parallels 167/175 = 95%
    History redemptions 34/45 = 76%*
    One of ones 69/460 = 15%
    *I completed the redemption set but sent it in to ITG for a replica autographed cup, now trying to reacquire a second set of expired redemption cards just for completeness

14-15 Masterpieces... Got a long way to go as this one hasn't been out for too long, need more than 200 cards out of 1392, so I'm approaching the 85% mark but with quite a few ssp autographed cards it'll be a tough chase getting closer to the finish line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

For me, two sets...

ITG Lord Stanley's Mug
    Regular cards/inserts 145/145 = 100%
    Autographs 285/285 = 100%
    Memorabilia 355/359 = 99%
    Henri Richard Tribute 33/33 = 100%
    Gold parallels 167/175 = 95%
    History redemptions 34/45 = 76%*
    One of ones 69/460 = 15%
    *I completed the redemption set but sent it in to ITG for a replica autographed cup, now trying to reacquire a second set of expired redemption cards just for completeness

14-15 Masterpieces... Got a long way to go as this one hasn't been out for too long, need more than 200 cards out of 1392, so I'm approaching the 85% mark but with quite a few ssp autographed cards it'll be a tough chase getting closer to the finish line.

only 460 1/1's...wow, good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Speaking of Black Diamond, I've always been a fan of Joe Thornton and first releases, so a few years ago I thought I would try and complete the premiere edition of 1996-97 Black Diamond. I am finished the regular set from 1-180 and just finished the Gold parallel set from #1 to 180, this includes 30 cards with a print run of 50 (#151 to 180) from almost 20 years ago! Very hard to find some of them, especially the Joe Thornton from anyone willing to part with it. But I managed to find them all after daily searches of eBay and mailing people who had singles of the other cards I've found.

Now I really want to finish the master set which includes one of the first serial numbered insert sets called Run For The Cup. There are twenty in the set and I have 10 down, with 10 to go. I'm lucky to have the big names mostly including Lemieux and Gretzky, but it's just that only one shows up every 3-4 months online from what I can see and they usually go really fast. Anyways, if anyone has any RFTC cards, let me know and I'll see if I need it!

I also have the original in-store salesman/promotion cardboard display promoting the upcoming release of the new Black Diamond that will look really cool in a display case once the whole set is done..... one day :)
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Speaking of Black Diamond, I've always been a fan of Joe Thornton and first releases, so a few years ago I thought I would try and complete the premiere edition of 1996-97 Black Diamond. I am finished the regular set from 1-180 and just finished the Gold parallel set from #1 to 180, this includes 30 cards with a print run of 50 (#151 to 180) from almost 20 years ago! Very hard to find some of them, especially the Joe Thornton from anyone willing to part with it. But I managed to find them all after daily searches of eBay and mailing people who had singles of the other cards I've found.

Now I really want to finish the master set which includes one of the first serial numbered insert sets called Run For The Cup. There are twenty in the set and I have 10 down, with 10 to go. I'm lucky to have the big names mostly including Lemieux and Gretzky, but it's just that only one shows up every 3-4 months online from what I can see and they usually go really fast. Anyways, if anyone has any RFTC cards, let me know and I'll see if I need it!

I also have the original in-store salesman/promotion cardboard display promoting the upcoming release of the new Black Diamond that will look really cool in a display case once the whole set is done..... one day :)

Awesome set man! I also began collecting the base set back when it was first released, I was fortunate enough to pull the Thornton and a Gold Yzerman but got out of collecting for 13 years. When I got back in the hobby I got back to searching out the rest of the triples I needed and after a few years I finally completed the set.

For you to put together the Gold set is absolutely incredible! I have thought about it now and then but never have.

I have the Run For The Cup Sundin but not sure if I'd part with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast