Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Would you or not a very valid question

Greetings:
    Earlier today I had someone send me an email about the 1976 Topps set. No big deal right....wrong they wanted to know if I would include (which I did when I made it back in 1991) the 44 card traded set. Now for those born between 1995 to present & are high on the Trout,Harper,Bryant,etc....collecting bug a little history for you. Back in 1976 Topps experiment with the idea of having as a insert 44 players that were traded during the 1975 off-season bringing a test market idea back after somewhat reviews from the 1972 high numbers traded set which has 8 cards & the follow up in 1974 also w/44 cards in the set. Anyways this person asked me if I included it even though he claims its not part of the 660 cards in the regular set. I told him he be the biggest talk on SCF to ask that type of question. So I went on to explain why he should include it by showing him a picture that fellow SCF member AJCorolone uses as his picture the famous picture of the Top wanted card in the traded set the Oscar Gamble. Like who doesn't like the classic hat too small to cover the afro hair style of Oscar Gamble. Then I pointed out that the set also has Ferguson Jenkins 1st BoSox card & he's in the Hall of Fame. Other features include the 1st non Tigers card of Mickey Lolich,Ken Brett (George's older brother),Doc Medich, Ralph "Road runner" Garr, Rusty Staub, & last but not least the 1st Yankees card of Willie Randolph. I then proceeded to tell him that if he makes the set to do like I did & put it after the 660 set or place them after the regular card of the player since they were the same number but as for the Gamble case it was numbered 74T but to me its best at the end. So now I given you my thoughts he's sorry for the insult but a newbie & like so many other newbies he was asking me to post this thread then see what other people opinions are he likes to hear from the people who are born from the 1995 to the present collectors on this as well those who were around when packs still carried actual gum & can recall all 6 companies that was around in 1989 in baseball cards. So please respond & those who have a take on the set please let us know what you think of it thanks. Also let us know what Era your in too.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Delete please the poll wouldn't allow me to post the poll is on the other post thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

I like to put traded sets in with the base set as well. For the time period where Topps had not yet had spin-off brands, I would also put oddball Topps branded sets in as well. Such as food or retail store issues. I do the same with current sets where I put the Topps Update set after the Ser1/2 portion.

I think it depends on the collector. Some people just like base sets and no extras.

I started collecting baseball in 1987. When I get around to doing the 1976 set I will include the traded set.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Moving to Archives per OP request.