Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

As far as I'm concerned there's no right or wrong answer, but for me I exclude the 1/1's from my main percentage. I'm currently at 2710 out of 2742 Sedins counting pack-inserted cards from mainstream releases, or 98.83%. Feels like every time I find a rare card or two that I've been looking for to pull me over the 99% mark they go and make a new set with some other x/3 parallel to knock me right back down :)

I'm kinda like Ed when it comes to printing plates, I don't just exclude National Treasures though, I see plates in general as a whole nother category, excluding them I'm at 132 out of 333 pack-inserted 1/1's, just shy of the 40% mark. That's not to say I don't hoard plates too, I don't bother keeping percentages though cause it's not even clear exactly what was made for National Treasures, I've got over 100 Sedin plates from that product alone, another two dozen from more recent UD/ITG products, and some Pacific plates who knows how many of those exist and went out the front and/or back doors.

I also exclude other oddball stuff from my main collection stats - mainly because percentages are rather meaningless when it's so hard to know the full list of what even exists. I'm pretty sure I've got well over 90% of all expo/show-stamped cards that exist (excluding the oodles of 1/1's ITG put out, but I've got just about 100 of those, likely more than half of what they've ever produced)...

I also don't include the annual postcard sized team release, Children's Hospital "Jeans Day" cards, Sav-on-Foods issues, various card games (Uno, playing cards, Topps Puck Attax), Panini Stickers, sheet-cut The Cup proof cards, SI for Kids magazine inserts, all the truly odd ball stuff. Nor do I count stuff from the major manufacturers that are more novelty items - Upper Deck cards included with mini replica Zamboni toys, arena giveaways, etc.

While I'm probably in line with a number of folks who separate out the oddball/show-stamped cards from their main PC's, I'm probably a bit more unique in that I don't count buyback cards as legit either... it just annoys me that manufacturers most likely take a stack of excess inventory (I truly doubt they 'bought back' these cards), and insert what amounts to little more than what could be considered an after market IP auto along with a stupid certificate of authenticity that I then also have to store. Oh, I still hold my nose and collect them, and I only need a few x/3 or less cause hey I have OCD, but I just don't like them nor consider them worthy of inclusion in my main PC. Of course Ed would be appalled given his amazing SP Authentic buyback collection, but hey, collect what and how you like :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

As far as I'm concerned there's no right or wrong answer, but for me I exclude the 1/1's from my main percentage. I'm currently at 2710 out of 2742 Sedins counting pack-inserted cards from mainstream releases, or 98.83%. Feels like every time I find a rare card or two that I've been looking for to pull me over the 99% mark they go and make a new set with some other x/3 parallel to knock me right back down :)

I'm kinda like Ed when it comes to printing plates, I don't just exclude National Treasures though, I see plates in general as a whole nother category, excluding them I'm at 132 out of 333 pack-inserted 1/1's, just shy of the 40% mark. That's not to say I don't hoard plates too, I don't bother keeping percentages though cause it's not even clear exactly what was made for National Treasures, I've got over 100 Sedin plates from that product alone, another two dozen from more recent UD/ITG products, and some Pacific plates who knows how many of those exist and went out the front and/or back doors.

I also exclude other oddball stuff from my main collection stats - mainly because percentages are rather meaningless when it's so hard to know the full list of what even exists. I'm pretty sure I've got well over 90% of all expo/show-stamped cards that exist (excluding the oodles of 1/1's ITG put out, but I've got just about 100 of those, likely more than half of what they've ever produced)...

I also don't include the annual postcard sized team release, Children's Hospital "Jeans Day" cards, Sav-on-Foods issues, various card games (Uno, playing cards, Topps Puck Attax), Panini Stickers, sheet-cut The Cup proof cards, SI for Kids magazine inserts, all the truly odd ball stuff. Nor do I count stuff from the major manufacturers that are more novelty items - Upper Deck cards included with mini replica Zamboni toys, arena giveaways, etc.

While I'm probably in line with a number of folks who separate out the oddball/show-stamped cards from their main PC's, I'm probably a bit more unique in that I don't count buyback cards as legit either... it just annoys me that manufacturers most likely take a stack of excess inventory (I truly doubt they 'bought back' these cards), and insert what amounts to little more than what could be considered an after market IP auto along with a stupid certificate of authenticity that I then also have to store. Oh, I still hold my nose and collect them, and I only need a few x/3 or less cause hey I have OCD, but I just don't like them nor consider them worthy of inclusion in my main PC. Of course Ed would be appalled given his amazing SP Authentic buyback collection, but hey, collect what and how you like :)

Those 2 stats are amazing. To be at close to 99% on almost 3000 cards, WOW

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I appreciate all the replies and feedback from everyone. I guess the biggest reason I ask and mention percentages is because to obtain the super collector badge, you have to hit a certain percent. I'm not even sure my player is going to hit the 175 to qualify, but I won't stop fighting the good fight!

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

I appreciate all the replies and feedback from everyone. I guess the biggest reason I ask and mention percentages is because to obtain the super collector badge, you have to hit a certain percent. I'm not even sure my player is going to hit the 175 to qualify, but I won't stop fighting the good fight!

I would bet he makes it, may take some time, but he will get there, regardless you already are a shaw super collector badge or not
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I would bet he makes it, may take some time, but he will get there, regardless you already are a shaw super collector badge or not

I would agree...you don't need a badge to know you're the best Shaw collector around

SCF Rewards
    Country

Any of you who can afford a collection that features plenty of one of ones or cards with a print run of less than 10 are fortunate when it comes to completeness of collection. On my collecting budget I have to be satisfied when members trade me cards that match what I have to offer in return. I only pick up the rarer cards when the other members have reasonable expectations regarding trade value. An Artifacts Single Color Jersey 1/1 is not worth my first born. Finally, I am not a fan of printing plates.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm pretty confident I'm the top Shaw collector...but that badge would be hella cool!

I would agree...you don't need a badge to know you're the best Shaw collector around

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not even sure my player is going to hit the 175 to qualify,

I think Tomas Hertl had 175 One-of-Ones last year...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That's a great example of how each player PC has it's own challenges. I'm going to write a blog piece about that at some point.

I think Tomas Hertl had 175 One-of-Ones last year...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I used to keep track... I am the Red Deer Rebels collector around here... but every month Leaf comes out with 4 or 5 more cards (YES!!). I will update once and a while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast