Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karlsson wins Norris

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Karlsson wins Norris

I really thought Doughty should have won it, but if not I figured that Subban might have had a chance. I know that Karlsson had 5 more pts, but Subban was +21 to Karlsson's +7.

It's a crime that Doughty doesn't have a NOrris though.

What ever happened to rewarding defensemen who play defence, rather than giving the award to the guy with the highest points total? I mean, we already have a trophy for the most points, don't we?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Majority of those voting are East Coast voters, West Coast almost always is ignored like this.

Doughty never had a chance, even though I agree with you. Karlsson got it over P.K. Because not only the points, but the +/- is taken with a grain of salt, with Price's outstanding season & Ottawa's rotating goalies over the season. How would Karlsson perform with Price in front of him and how would Subban perform in front of Ottawa's goalie parade?

both would still be stellar but what would happen to the +/-?

Still, I wish a little more thought would go into players like Doughty, Suter, Weber.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It should have been Doughty, and you all know how much I love P.K. Doughty had a stellar season, plays in all situations, is an absolute rock, led in ice time, doesn't make a lot of mistakes...on and on.

The fact that a guy who doesn't kill penalties won the best defender award...something's not right with that. Karlsson's a glorified rover, and more of a liability for high-risk/reward turnovers than Subban.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

love it

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

honestly...should have been Shea Weber

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Karlsson was my last choice, don't understand this one.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

With the exception of the Calder...... it's hard to win a trophy when you don't make the playoffs.

I think I watched exactly zero Senators games this year, so I'm not going to comment on Karlsson winning. If the voters thought he was the best, I won't argue.

How many points the dman gets.... it's always been a big factor. If you look at the history of the Norris trophy... I recall looking all of this up a year or two ago (for the same reason) and there are very few times since 1967 (I picked post-Origional 6 as the cut off time) that anyone has won a Norris Trophy, and not been in the top 3 Point totals amoung dmen. It happens the odd time, but it's rare.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

I'm happy :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a swede, im happy about this. Im obviously a bit biased. With that said though I feel like this years Norris was a really tough one.
    Several guys, maybe even 1 or 2 of the guys who did not get nominated could have won.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Thought he played very solid 2-way game in the play-offs :)
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast