Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players you know?

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

Players you know?

If you know a player or grew up around them would you collect them?

I have lived in lemont Illinois my whole life, it is not the biggest of towns and it is not known as a place for athletes to come from. But Blackhawks back up goalie Scott darling is from here. I am younger then him but I remember seeing him around in school and stuff. He doesn't know me nor do I know him, but i do remember him. Yesterday he brought the cup back home and he had it about 30 seconds away from my house.

Another person is Coby Fleener tight end for the Indianapolis colts. I grew up 2 streets down from him and he was part of the group of kids we played football with growing up. I am one year younger then him. I don't know him on a personal level but I do know him. I doubt he would recognize me, but there is a very small possibility. I went to the same school as him until he transferred to a better football high school his sophomore year.

So my question to you.. Would you collect either of them for being local? Do you collect local players?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Being a local boy is one of the main reasons I've collected Josh Gorges all these years.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Matt Clement MLB pitcher for Cubs and Redsox about 7 years ago is a distant cousin of mine. I have met him once and my dad knows him better. Got knocked out 2 times from line drives back at him in the majors.

Don't collect MLB cards though.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

I have been lucky enough to have lunch and golf with Billy Smith on more than one occasion through work.

I do collect his stuff and have several things signed by him and also got to try on his 4 Stanley Cup rings.
    http://s247.photobucket.com/user/hos...?sort=6&page=1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

I collect Nathan Horton and Matt Johnson because I know them and their families
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Played on the same team as Joffrey Lupul one season when we were young and was friends with Mike Commodore's brother. Other than that, I got to know a lot of the Belleville Bulls over the past couple seasons.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

My sister and her boyfriend went to Western Michigan at the same time as Danny Dekeyser and knew him off the ice which led to me getting to meet him a few times during his college years a few years back.

Thats all I have for knowing any NHLers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Eagles
    Twitter: @docsobolatin See Scobes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I went to school with Chris Bala and Patrick Rissmiller, former NHLers. Bala was two years ahead of me so probably didn't know me. Rissmiller lived in the dorm room across the hall so he knew me a little better. I collect their cards as well as an older player (Bob Kudelski) who graduated from my high school.

Scobes
    Hidden Content -- Hidden Content
    Baseball - Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Mark Sobolewski, Vintage, Set Needs & Phillies (in PHI uniform)
    Hockey - Valeri Kamensky, Chris Bala, Bob Kudelski, Patrick Rissmiller, & Autos/#ed/Base cards of Flyers (in PHI uniform)
    Football - 1950-60s Vintage & Eagles Autos Golf - Tiger Woods Basketball - 76ers Autos & Low-Numbered
    ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNATIONAL TRADING!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

Dont really know too many NHLers but my brother used to skate with Justin Bailey locally. I have had much more interactions with NFL guys. I played on a team in youth football for a 2 years with superbowl winning running back James Starks and then played against him in high school. I also played in a double overtime game in high school that featured 2 NFL players with the last name Gronkowski. Rob Gronk was actually my blocking assignment and (mostly because he wasnt in the best shape in high school lol) i sort of held my own. We happened to win that game in double OT which holds a spot as my favorite personal sports moment lol. Kind of cool hearing about peoples interactions with the athletes we collect

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I had a massive Theo Peckham PC going and I have one currently of a player who plays in the DEL. I've skated with a bunch of guys who are playing places if that counts too.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast