Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gonna go against the grain and say I really like this year's SPA. Design looks great and the cards are pretty interesting. Then again, I'm not a rip and flip guy so I can understand why a lot of you aren't so hot on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins
    See JHIA8234's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Gonna go against the grain and say I really like this year's SPA. Design looks great and the cards are pretty interesting. Then again, I'm not a rip and flip guy so I can understand why a lot of you aren't so hot on it.

I agree the design is a lot better this year. And the majority of the SOTT and buyback cards are actually decent this year compared to last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GmBs82's Items on eBay

I kind of find it hard to pay $80 to break my team when I can buy on ebay all of the rookies that I want for about $60. I like the design but after watching box breaks its hard for me to justify spend 115usd +tax to get a bunch of ud series 2 update cards. I love sp authentic but this is just not worth my money... I'm going to stick to completing my 13-14 set

SCF Rewards
    Country

I kind of find it hard to pay $80 to break my team when I can buy on ebay all of the rookies that I want for about $60. I like the design but after watching box breaks its hard for me to justify spend 115usd +tax to get a bunch of ud series 2 update cards. I love sp authentic but this is just not worth my money... I'm going to stick to completing my 13-14 set

See it doesn't really jive with me that you're complaining that they threw in extra inserts like the update cards where I wouldn't have been able to get young gun acetate cards, etc. without that. It's not like they replaced anything, they literally just gave more extra inserts than previous years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GmBs82's Items on eBay

Base cards should not be considered inserts. The retros are cool and if your lucky enough to hit an acetate YG thats cool too. But YG updates and base series 2 cards isn't worth the money to me. I will pick up my Sam Reinhart FWA and be done with this product. Authentic has always been my favorite product just not feeling it this year... Hey at least ill save a bunch of money for my eichel cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I bought a box this year. I skipped the last two years -- 2012-13, nothing was really good and 2013-14 SPA had awful designs.

I almost skipped this year because of the lack of Sabres, but the designs are really nice this year and I hadn't bought a single 2014-15 UD product; my only 14/15 purchase had been a box of Leaf/ITG Heroes & Prospects.

My box was okay. If I was a rip & flip person, I would have been disappointed, but it was a fun break and the inserts were some of the best they have done since I started collecting SPA.

So no regrets. I will consider finishing the base set and buy older product as I wait for 2015/16 and Jack Eichel cards.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Holy Crap all the good guys are Redemptions!

Gaudreau
    Pastrnak
    Draisaitl
    Teravainen
    Hammond
    Horvat
    Duclair
    Rattie

There are 9 more that I have yet to see

This kills the product.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now to see which of them get the dreaded SPA redemption bump on ebay...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I pre ordered a box even though I had a feeling it would be bad. I still opened it even after I saw what was coming out. Theres not much in there to get. Half of the good rookies are Redemptions. The veteran content has been reduced the past two years. Look at all the new rookie Auto sets. (Rookie Chirography, Authentic Moments Autos that include rookies, Premier Prospects) These all take the place of case hits you used to get like Immortal Inks, SOTT Group A, Marks of Distinction.

SOTT hardly exists anymore. That's a good set that lots of people collect. Not to mention the stupid update cards that count as hits.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (39)
    Country

I pre ordered a box even though I had a feeling it would be bad. I still opened it even after I saw what was coming out. Theres not much in there to get. Half of the good rookies are Redemptions. The veteran content has been reduced the past two years. Look at all the new rookie Auto sets. (Rookie Chirography, Authentic Moments Autos that include rookies, Premier Prospects) These all take the place of case hits you used to get like Immortal Inks, SOTT Group A, Marks of Distinction.

SOTT hardly exists anymore. That's a good set that lots of people collect. Not to mention the stupid update cards that count as hits.

I do agree the update cards shouldn't count as a "hit"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast