Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Box prices, especially in Canada, and the lack of a $200 FWA to chase will be keeping a lot of buyers at bay. Besides everybody knows what to expect with SPA by now so while its a very popular and collectable set I would think most just take it in stride without needing much hype or discussion.

Next year and the McDavid frenzy will be more exciting. This year is just a run-of-the-mill SPA set with a couple of good rookies but no huge standouts. A Jonathan Drouin FWA will put this product to bed for me. There is nothing else I need or want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Watched 5 cases...it was mostly brutal...especially looking at box by box... maybe 3-5 decent cards out of 60 boxes...
    FWA's are too whiteish...lot of the auto's are smeared or faded looking for some reason...
    Too much rookie content from a weak rookie class
    All the good rookies are redemptions too

LCS has a box for $170 (tax included)...
    Can just buy Gretzky auto for that....

Some of the cards look nice...I'll pick up a few singles on ebay...

Hard to pay $50 per auto on average when the average auto will sell for $5...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See r.yau27's Items on eBay

Buying a box isn't really worth it. It's probably better to just purchase the specific cards you're looking for. That being said, I'm pretty pleased because I pulled a Teravainen and TVR FWA in the same case break. Oh, and 450 Sports managed to pull two FWA Patches in the same box (Horvat and Ekblad). Crazy!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Holy Crap all the good guys are Redemptions!

Gaudreau
    Pastrnak
    Draisaitl
    Teravainen
    Hammond
    Horvat
    Duclair
    Rattie

There are 9 more that I have yet to see
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah SPA is so brutal usually one random box u get like 20$ value back and it costs too much way over 100$ is too much imo.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Here's yer hype..................

RUN, don't walk, to the LCS! If yer driving and traffic is heavy then don't be afraid to use the sidewalks! Speed limits are just suggestions!

There's only 99 more Kozun FWAPs out there!

FWAP was the noise my brain made when I pulled that card from the pack.

Here's to youuuuuuuuuu, Upper Deck! How many fingers am I holding up??? :D

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Here's to youuuuuuuuuu, Upper Deck! How many fingers am I holding up??? :D

Upper Deck@UpperDeckSports 6m6 minutes ago
    @EddyDryden @OTCards None, they are on the keyboard.
    View conversation0 retweets0 favoritesReply

Upper Deck followed you

Upper Deck favorited your Tweet

2m: @UpperDeckSports @OTCards Heh, I type with one finger. #SPAuthenticVomitBox

You can't make this stuff up :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alternateego's Items on eBay

this years SPA is "garbage", total "crap" or whatever you want to call it. I won't spend even a dime on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with the dollar not helping the hype levels on this product, my LCS has boxes for $135 plus tax, I'm avoiding like the plague at that price and included rookie crop.

I'm not cracking any this year. I will only keep Gretzky auto's and last year I opened 13 boxes before I finally pulled a Gretzky. I'm attempting a new behavior this year and will snag a couple Gretzkys off SCF or Ebay, I'll most likely save myself about $800 lol.

And buy a good 3 - 5 more Gretzky autos with the money you save from busting wax!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I didn't even realize SPA came out util I started to see breaks posted in the box breaks forum.

Such a dull break this year! I can see why UD didn't hype it with a thousand preview pics, heck I don't know if they even had 10 hype worthy cards to use as previews with how many are redemptions.

I'll be going for the Wings FWA's and exactly one other card from the release (Yzerman All-Time Moments Auto). Other than that I have absolutely no interest in this years SPA.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast