Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I've bought one box of SPA since 10-11. I bought 8 boxes randomly (I think 3 at once) and the best FWA I pulled was Marcus Johnassen. I did pull a Marks of Distinction /25 Patrick Roy which was nice but that totally turned me off of the product.

At this rate I think there is a decent chance Panini will buy Upper Deck and take over. Who knows. Something has to change though, I haven't been liking the direction the hobby has been going over the last few years and I'm not really looking forward to the next couple years. I have taken a step back and really just been buying ITG for almost two years now.

I actually like the look of the FWA this year but I won't be buying a box any time soon. Maybe at the Expo if I see them cheap enough.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would buy SPA all day long at $100 ish a box. But for $150+ it's a serious problem.
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dealer price in US is $75....a box...

SCF Rewards
    Country

People paying thru the roof for every redemption hoping it's short printed lol

For a couple bucks more you can get mackinnon/malkin/stamkos/kane/etc. FWA's

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was actually thinking about trying to make a set. but i'm realizing now that it's no longer possible with what i can guess is around 17 redemptions. I originally thought there was only 5-7 ..... great job upperdeck!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See puckfan9's Items on eBay

I agree with RGM, they definitely need to change their practice for obtaining cards from the players. In addition to the massive redemptions, I wasn't exactly thrilled at the amount of previous year cards that they included. For example only having 17 cards listed in the current sign of the times singles set but also including 13 cards that were from last years sign of the times set. Or including 13 rookie auto patches that should have been in last years product. Don't get me wrong, its good that those cards are still being sent out but including previous year product in this years and counting that as current seems shady. They have so little of the current year product on the checklist. For example the limited auto patch variation subset from 14-15 is only listed as 27 cards but the checklist shows Eric Staal as number 60. So next years SP Authentic can have the other 33 that they didn't include.

So you're mad that they have redemptions, and mad when they issue cards that they pulled so they wouldn't be redemptions. Lose-lose scenario with some collectors. UD can pull the SOTT cards as they are not numbered to a set. But they cannot do the same with base rookie autograph cards. They send them out to the players with plenty of lead time to get them back for pack-out. Drouin had no problem getting all of his cards signed and back in time, and they went all the way to the SCF. It sucks that this happens, but it's the price we pay for wanting hard-signed rookie content.

BANNED

Country
    See Cardcaptain91's Items on eBay

I have one word to sum up Upper Deck,

SELFISH!

THEY will never start to care until something insane happens to the company.

As long as they keep selling product NO MATTER WHO THE HELL BUYS IT!

They will stay in business and continue to not give a crap about the hobby and the consumers, OR COLLECTOR'S!!!

This is absolutely retarded!

17 redemption rookies!!!

And the last years cards inserted into product for current years and counting it as a " HIT " is just another example of Upper Deck not caring about ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES and having an easy way to make a product to make a quick buck.

We have to stop buying the new products guys.

START BUYING PRODUCTS THAT UPPER DECK HAS ALREADY SOLD OUT!!!

Because if we continue to buy new product then Upper Deck continues to have funds to make more and more of this JANK!!!!

what is a major problem if we stop buying new product from UD though is that the hobby shops who have invested in it suffer too!!!

it's a chain, a cycle, the only way to make UD smarten up is if EVERYONE works together, not just the ultimate consumers (the collectors).

Just my opinion guys.

I hate it just as much as everyone else.

I stopped buying boxes on a regular basis 2 years ago.

With the money I saved I now have an incredible collection that COST ME 99% LESS of what it would if I had bought boxes to get them.

Group breaks kind of the same thing but in a lesser way.

And also group breaks help UD and the rest of the companies sell product too and keep them ALIVE.

Anyways homies...

All the best,

Frank

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

This thread is pointless kinda like my comment. I have to chime in after reading this. It's the same old people complaining about the same things. A thread dedicated to bashing a product is very unproductive. Yes I have had REAL gripes with Upper Deck but won't go out of my way to trash a product especially when I haven't opened any, like many commenters on this thread.

i for one am quite excited about some of the Hits, the dual Walter and Wayne Gretzky I'm very excited about and hope to add one to my PC. I'm also pleasantly surprised at all the live high end autos like Gretzky in SPA.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you're mad that they have redemptions, and mad when they issue cards that they pulled so they wouldn't be redemptions. Lose-lose scenario with some collectors. UD can pull the SOTT cards as they are not numbered to a set. But they cannot do the same with base rookie autograph cards. They send them out to the players with plenty of lead time to get them back for pack-out. Drouin had no problem getting all of his cards signed and back in time, and they went all the way to the SCF. It sucks that this happens, but it's the price we pay for wanting hard-signed rookie content.

Not exactly what I was trying to get across, I said in addition to the redemptions because that is what everyone else was talking about. The issue that I have is paying the price of a box for what should be all product from 14-15 and I could have two of my hits be a Calvin Pickard SOTT from 13-14 and a Kari Lehtonen patch auto from 11-12. It seems unfair that they are including so much product from previous years in the current release and trying to pass that off as 14-15 product. I also said that its good that they are including them instead of just leaving them sitting in their warehouse but when you basically get 3 big hits in a box, I don't want any of them to be cards that should have been in a previous year product. They basically watered down the product with older year cards to make up for the lack of 14-15 cards and then raised the price higher than normal.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (39)
    Country

This thread is pointless kinda like my comment. I have to chime in after reading this. It's the same old people complaining about the same things. A thread dedicated to bashing a product is very unproductive. Yes I have had REAL gripes with Upper Deck but won't go out of my way to trash a product especially when I haven't opened any, like many commenters on this thread.

i for one am quite excited about some of the Hits, the dual Walter and Wayne Gretzky I'm very excited about and hope to add one to my PC. I'm also pleasantly surprised at all the live high end autos like Gretzky in SPA.

I actually landed this card in a break last week! Never noticed it on the checklist but Walter signing is pretty unique. All product has something people like and dislike that is the only thing everyone can probably agree on

King ......
    Last edited by JEG; 07-07-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast