Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Artist Proofs?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ramz9082's Items on eBay

Artist Proofs?

I've been seeing some "Artist Proof 1/1" cards on eBay lately. Is there any way to verify they are legit 1/1s if they aren't numbered?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Are they from The Cup? Then they're sheet-cuts, and they're 1/1's in that no one else has cut up a redemption sheet ad put it up for sale..............

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my experience they are quite rare but not necessarily 1/1... There are at least a couple Sedins that I have a copy of and have seen at least a second copy - I read somewhere but not sure how reliable the info was, that there are up to 3 copies of each uncut sheet of artists proofs. I'd imagine some folks keep the sheet uncut as a novelty item, as far as I know there's just one individual out there who specializes in buying the sheets, cutting them, and reselling the singles, always been curious how profitable a gig it is, but given that they've been at it for several years they must do all right (I buy every Sedin they list).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my experience they are quite rare but not necessarily 1/1... There are at least a couple Sedins that I have a copy of and have seen at least a second copy - I read somewhere but not sure how reliable the info was, that there are up to 3 copies of each uncut sheet of artists proofs. I'd imagine some folks keep the sheet uncut as a novelty item, as far as I know there's just one individual out there who specializes in buying the sheets, cutting them, and reselling the singles, always been curious how profitable a gig it is, but given that they've been at it for several years they must do all right (I buy every Sedin they list).

That makes sense, I have seen a ton from the same seller on eBay. Do you think they are a valuable addition to a PC or something to get only for the right price?

SCF Rewards
    Country

As an investment, let's be honest - they're worthless. But to a player collector, if you're in the right spot at the right time when it comes to an autograph signing, they're priceless...........

I wouldn't sell this card period. Which I guess makes it worthless hahahaa

Not to mention these..........

SCF Rewards
    Country

As an investment, let's be honest - they're worthless. But to a player collector, if you're in the right spot at the right time when it comes to an autograph signing, they're priceless..........

Beautiful cards you've got there. I've already come to terms with my entire PC being worthless since I don't collect super stars haha. I might grab a couple just in case I ever have the opportunity to get them signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've already come to terms with my entire PC being worthless since I don't collect super stars haha. I might grab a couple just in case I ever have the opportunity to get them signed.

Me and my 942 Ryan Kesler cards know exacttttlyyyyyyyy what you're saying :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are they worth anything? Not really, they're too rare to really appeal to set or team collectors, you might see a bidding war between multiple die-hard player collectors for a handful of specific players, but I can usually pick Sedins up for a buck or two if I wait for them to be relisted enough times (although sometimes I'm lazy and will BIN them for ~$5). That being said, they're neat additions to the Oddball portion of many folks PC's, and I think it's pretty neat to pick up proofs of cards that were never released (usually autographed cards where one or more players simply didn't sign the cards and they got yanked from the checklist), also kinda fun to pick up both sides of say a double-sided shield card.