Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(28)
    Country
    See pack-fresh's Items on eBay

Help Find My Stolen Cards

Around Nov of 2012 I sent some cards to Beckett for grading. Notable ones that I sent:

-Sidney Crosby FW RC Raw Graded 9.5 #833/999
    -Sidney Crosby YG RC
    -Sidney Crosby Black Diamond RC
    -Jeff Skinner Ice RC 04/99
    -Taylor Hall National Treasures RC Raw Graded 9.5 #1/99
    -Tyler Seguin FW RC #472/999
    -Ryan Nugent-Hopkins FW RC #410/999

Followed the tracking and the cards made it down to the TX Farmer's Branch postal depot, and just fell off the face of the earth before they made it to Beckett. I called the postal depot and the manager told me they know what Beckett is, and what are in the packages as they get tons of mail for them daily.

Fast forward to today...I stumble upon this in my search:

http://www.amazon.ca/Nugent-Hopkins-.../dp/B00DAOP5HG

This card was listed on COMC at some point guessing by the photo used, and Amazon, June 10, 2013...7 months following my cards being stolen in the mail. I'm guessing the seller also had something to do with my other cards missing. What can I do about this? Does anyone have any recommendations? Is this worth pursuing in any way?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Did you contact Amazon.ca about this? I would send them a message or call them in the morning about the issue. Based on the value of the cards, I would pursue it for sure.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Did you contact the police.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(28)
    Country

Going to call police tomorrow - surely they can get the info from Amazon and comc and proceed with their investigation - Amazon would not give me any details but they said they would comply with police

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See r.yau27's Items on eBay

Wow, that's terrible. Hope you get your cards back!

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

use registered mail with anything valuable. Especially when sending to BGS as the workers at the post office likely
    know there are valuable cards in the pkg.
    Everyone who touches a registered mail pkg must sign for it and it's stored under lock and key. If someone took it
    they know exactly who is responsible.
    Hope you get a satisfactory remedy to the issue

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(28)
    Country

yeah i did, but the max you can insure it for is $1000 - i got my insurance money, but lost close to $3000 on this shipment, so if i can a) get the mail thief busted, b) recover any of my cards back, i will be happy!

I think our postal system is so flawed too - if you want to insure for the full $1000, you have to write it on the form - this is basically a little alarm for dishonest workers saying STEAL ME!!! GOOD STUFF INSIDE!!! It should just be a barcode without any amounts disclosed on the outside.

Spoke with COMC today - they are going to investigate on their end, plus i am going to get the local police involved to open an investigation.

Like i said, even if i get nothing back...i want this scumbag caught!

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

no, the max insurance with registered mail is $50,000 if you send from the US.
    This is why I travel to US to do my post directly with USPS...I just don't trust when
    an item goes from one carrier (Canada Post) to another (USPS)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

no, the max insurance with registered mail is $50,000 if you send from the US.
    This is why I travel to US to do my post directly with USPS...I just don't trust when
    an item goes from one carrier (Canada Post) to another (USPS)

As long as you live near the border, that's fine. Some people would have to drive 6+ hours to get to the border.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Talk to COMC, not Amazon.

As a seller on COMC, I can tell you how the Amazon thing works.....

My cards are stored with COMC. They have the cards in hand, images, etc. As a seller, I can chose to have my cards listed on Amazon as well - but it costs me 20% of the selling price.

Amazon would be able to confirm that a sale was made, and that the portal (if that's the right word to use?) that it came from was COMC, but I would think that Amazon would have little (if any) knowledge of who the actual seller was.

COMC, I would think, should be able to get that information (weather they would, what their privacy policies are, I don't know???). They should be able to look at a card that was in their inventory, at any time, and tell you who sent it in, and who all the owners of the card were before they mailed it away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast