Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe you posted in the 14-15 Leaf In The Game Used thread there were TOO MANY Richard autos. This product makes their mega patches scarce pulls and that's no good for you as there's not enough. Which is it, man?

He's dead, it's a cut auto....iirc

The patches are dime a dozen these so no one cares if it's a tough pull...it's just another patch of the same player that has thousands of patches already...

Tough pulls should be patches of Orr, Gretzky, Howe, etc.....not Roberto luango. ..jmo

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

He's dead, it's a cut auto....iirc

The patches are dime a dozen these so no one cares if it's a tough pull...it's just another patch of the same player that has thousands of patches already...

Tough pulls should be patches of Orr, Gretzky, Howe, etc.....not Roberto luango. ..jmo

Because there's multitudes of their jerseys laying around just waiting to be cut up for cards.

In order for mega-patch cards of those guys to be produced, Upper Deck needs to have access to them and there has to be a cost-benefit to using the entire crest from that logo in a single product. As I peer around the Internet, the last Orr gamer to sell went for $117,740.

I'll just let that figure sink in for a minute.

And now I'll repeat it.

One hundred and seventeen thousand, seven hundred and forty dollars.

You can bet your Teemu Selanne collection that if Upper Deck is going to have an outlay of that nature, they're going to do everything they possibly can to ensure that it lasts a very long time and will be something that they can use for years. Years. Not one single high-end release at the tail end of a weak card season.

Why does a product have Roberto Luongo super patches? Because Upper Deck has access to them. Panthers go through three sets of home and away jerseys every season. Demand for intact game-worn Luongo memorabilia isn't what it used to be when ole Strombone was kickin' it in Van City. A couple thousand dollars is a worthwhile investment for a product such as Premier.

One hundred seventeen thousand, seven hundred and forty dollars is not.
    Last edited by RGM81; 07-23-2015 at 11:13 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Yes, I'm aware Maurice Richard is no longer with us and that they are cut autos. That whizzing sound you heard was my point.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Some beautiful cards coming out of this, but it's been a dud for me; $120+ in group breaks and eBay wins and I have a total of one Gilmour base card to show for it. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I see lots of teams getting shut out on any particular group break.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Its a nice product but to drop $200+ on this stuff is a no-go IMO. The average tin isn't too impressive (i've seen nicer break on average come out of Ice and even SPGU). I'm not a fan of the fact that they basically reused an old design (same can be said for Artifacts, SPA, SPX, SPGU and most UD products) which I didn't even like the look of to begin with plus the same list of retired players/current stars with no variation (honestly, how many more Theo Fleury patch/autos need to come out?). On top of that, the mega patches were a blatant Panini rip. I understad its sweet to get a patch but as a player collector it'd be irritating to get one and realize you don't have the full design (seems incomplete with just one puzzle piece). You know UD can't get it right when Colton Orr has a base card in a product that's not OPC.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There should have been more all star players on the mega patches.. shame for a interesting product otherwise.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mholt49's Items on eBay

Nice But Over-Rated IMO....Guys Getting Horned up Over These Mega Patches And Shoulder Patches Low Numbered SSSSSSP Selling for crazy insane Prices...a card with a giant piece of patch....hand numbered by Some upper Deck employee...not even hard signed by the player but yet guys are getting boners over them lol...on a Positive note UD did a good job with this product just over priced
    Collecting these Vintage Oilers: Jari Kurri,Grant Fuhr
    WANTED!!-07/08 Jari Kurri Letter Marks "U”

Major PC..Cam Ward,Eric Staal,Jari Kurri,Grant Fuhr,Paul Coffey, Glenn Anderson

BANNED

Country
    See tomekat8cz's Items on eBay

I want Roy's Mega Patches :)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nice But Over-Rated IMO....Guys Getting Horned up Over These Mega Patches And Shoulder Patches Low Numbered SSSSSSP Selling for crazy insane Prices...a card with a giant piece of patch....hand numbered by Some upper Deck employee...not even hard signed by the player but yet guys are getting boners over them lol...on a Positive note UD did a good job with this product just over priced

I'm not sure what you're talking about - all of the autograph content in the product is hard-signed.

For memorabilia collectors who loved Prime and miss Panini, this is UD's answer to it, and it delivers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure what you're talking about - all of the autograph content in the product is hard-signed.

For memorabilia collectors who loved Prime and miss Panini, this is UD's answer to it, and it delivers.

He's talking about the patch numbering being signed by UD....the blue ink...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast