Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Has Anyone Ever Sent a Seat Back TTM?

I recently picked up a Fenway seat back that I'm looking to get signed by several Red Sox such as Doerr, Boggs, Malzone, Ferriss, etc. and I am stumped on shipping. Alone the weight of the seat back is $22.00 to the furthest address (Oregon) both ways, but when I packaged it, it was $74.00 both ways (and I had just put it in a box big enough to fit it).

I was curious if anyone had any experience or suggestions of sending a seat back TTM and how to ship it the cheapest. Right now due to the fact there are no bubble mailers large enough, my cheapest option is sending it in a trash bag with an envelope attached to it and another trash bag with my address as the SASE. How practical that is I don't know.

Any suggestions appreciated.

NOTE: The seat back is all one piece so I cannot send it by the slate.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would not ship the seat in a trash bag. We all know things get damaged and a trash bag offers no protection. I would create my own box. I can only imagine one of the auto's getting damaged (Smudged) in transit several times.

Also, do any of these guys appear at signing together ever possibly. Might be about the same cost and you get to see the item signed in person. Not sure if Bobby travels at his age.

Hopefully, someone who done this can offer ideas.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would not ship the seat in a trash bag. We all know things get damaged and a trash bag offers no protection. I would create my own box. I can only imagine one of the auto's getting damaged (Smudged) in transit several times.

Also, do any of these guys appear at signing together ever possibly. Might be about the same cost and you get to see the item signed in person. Not sure if Bobby travels at his age.

Hopefully, someone who done this can offer ideas.

Don

Yeah that is my main concern with it. I could throw some bubble wrap on it, some plastic wrap, and maybe a sheet of cardboard, but again I do not know how good that would be for protection, especially once I get several autographs on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Have you tried to take some of the back slats off the seat frame? You could just mail one slat at a time and you would definitely find a better mailing package and it would be significantly cheaper. You could include a picture of the whole seat back with each slat so they know how they fit together. "Necessity is the mother of invention!"