Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 2005-06 UD Exclusives?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2005-06 UD Exclusives?

I have been collecting UD Exclusives (#/100) cards of the Caps and Sharks for a little over a year now. I am trying to get a complete team set of each from every year since they started Exclusives (98-99). I noticed recently that while the older ones are obviously harder to find, I do have at least one or two from each year -- except 2005-06. So I searched EBay for any Exclusives card from that year, and there is not a single listing.

UD did produce HG Glossy (#/10) editions in 05-06. They produced both the HG/10 and the Exclusives/100 versions in both 2004-05 and 2006-07. But I cannot find any indications that they produced the Exclusives/100 in 05-06. Their online 05-06 checklists do not include Exclusives, but that is not a definitive answer because I have seen other stuff left out of their older checklists before.

Does anyone know if they definitely did/did not produce them? If not, any idea why? I think with Crosby/Ovechkin, they would have wanted to produce everything they could that year. It will certainly make my life a lot easier and cheaper if I don't have to track down an Ovechkin YG Exclusives. But I would like to get a definitive answer before I delete that year from my list.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They did not make an Exclusives /100 parallel that year.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays

From what I can see, there were no exclusives, just HGs, but I not 100% sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No they didn't. Otherwise you would see them per box or per 2 boxes something like that, assuming they were /100

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

I'm pretty sure that you're wrong about 2004-05 upper deck.

There was a Canadian exclusives /25
    There was a silver hg /10
    There was a gold hg /5

As far as I know there was no "exclusives" /100 I that set. That /100 exclusives is a relatively recent standard and wasn't consistently in Upper deck prior to 06-07

Cheers,
    Reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals

From what I have found, the Exclusives were #/100 in 98/99, 99/00, 00/01.

In 01/02, commons were #/100, but the YGs were #/50.

In 02/03, all the ones I have are #/75 (CAN only).

In 03/04, Series 1 was CAN only #/50. Series 2 had regular #/50, but I don't know if they also had CAN only. (High Gloss were #/25).

I only have two 04/05s, but they are CAN only #/50.

Apparently nothing in 05/06.

Then, as you say, from 06/07 on, its #/100.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    Last edited by Sharky94; 07-18-2015 at 12:16 AM.