Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where is the best place to sell your non-COA autographs?

Hello:

As a young adult I collected sport autographs TTM (sending the athlete a card with a SASE hoping it would come back signed) and now 25 years later, I really don't want them anymore and am looking to sell them.

I do have some that come with a COA, ie. when I would go to a big card show and pay for the athlete to sign the item, ie, photo, etc...., but most of my stuff is non certed. I have pulled out the preprints or autopens that I can identify.

Where is the best place to sell them? Ebay, Craigslist, set-up a table at a card show, finder a sports card dealer??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

First, I would post a list of what you have on SCF, you would be surprised at what people are searching for (personally, 1987 Topps baseball autograph cards). After that, I would recommend ebay, although non certified autographs aren't usually particularly valuable. Most dealers won't touch them without a cert.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for your reply.
    Some of the deceased athletes, I don't mind sending into PSA to get certed, but not sure it would make much difference in the realized sale price, or am I way off?

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

It may be worth it for some deceased athletes, it depends on the name. If you have Mickey Mantle, then definitely. If you have Frank Pastore, probably not (no offense intended to any Pastore relatives). I would pick a couple and poke around on ebay and see what some of the sold listings go for. Many of the guys who signed 25 years ago won't sign now, and vice versa. But even a PSA cert is not infallible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

There are also a lot of autograph and trading groups on facebook. You may want to check some of them out.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404