Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

are these reprints or original cards??

saw a couple of these on the bay and was wondering about them...

are they legit or a "parkhurst reprint" type issue, would they have any value - becktts doesnt list them
    seller claims they are "private printing of never released card"

1951-52 Parkhurst #231 Louis Trudel Montreal Canadiens Missing Link Card

at the risk of adding competition to my bidding lol here is the linky..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-52-Park...E:B:SS:CA:3160

peace

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spavs's Items on eBay

It's written in the description

1951-52 Parkhurst #231 Louis Trudel Montreal Canadiens Missing Link Card, private printing of never released card

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The seller has made cards in vintage styles.... but the cards never actually existed.

I don't know much about Louis Trudel, so I checked a couple of things.....

SCF Inventory showed me that he has a few cards:
    http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/i...archleagueid/0

He was also included in the 2010-11 Famous Fabrics Inked Edition (so there's a cut auto of him floating around........)

But only 1930s Beehives, Diamond Matchbooks, and Worldwide Gum V356 (which is the only thing in that list that I would really call a "card")

I'm not sure the significance of using the 51-52 Parkhurst design (he was out of the NHL by then) or even using a Habs photo instead of one showing him on Chicago (where he won two Cups) but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the seller probably makes cards like this for their own use, and is selling off some extra copies of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am sure the NHL and NHLPA would be interested in a guy making "private printings" of cards using real players and logos and trying to sell them. I would stay clear of this. Its just someone trying to make make money off their laser printer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

thanx guys didnt realize people did things like this. guess its a crazy world we live in. peace