Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you ever opened the mail and been blown away?

Hi guys,

As you might know, I have a ton of cards and most of them are pretty nice. However, today I went to the post office to pick up a card and was just thrown totally off guard. The eBay listing I bought it off of had a small picture, but in person its just nuts.

Here it is, today's Tavares Gold Cup! Condition is perfect, patch is a sweet logo (hope its real) and card is, overall, one of my favs! Had to go buy a brand new one-touch just to store it!

The patch has some nice layers:

Goes perfect with its twin:

Thanks for looking and please share your experiences!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

That's a great pick up and the fact that you also have his true RC is just plain awesome! However 1 thing that kind of troubles me and I'm only bringing it up cause you mentioned in it and that's the fact that patch may not be real. That's always been a sore point with me when it comes to patch cards and why I mostly avoided them. However the 'window' looks unadulterated so I think you're safe on an awesome looking RPA of JT. Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kuz-22's Items on eBay

here is the archive sorry there's no archive for the gold version awesome cards

http://www.hobbyinsider.net/archives/09-10/Tavares/
    Last edited by kuzniar42; 07-24-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: 41/91 is gold version

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Beaszt519's Items on eBay

The eBay listing I bought it off of had a small picture, but in person its just nuts.

The 5 Cards in my collection ATM have been this exact scenario, I knew I was already going to love the card due to the amazing patches and set design but you barley find a picture that actually does the card justice. Once the cards arrived in my hand I was left speechless everytime with how much better it looks in person.

I love going to card shows for this exact reason because you can really grasp the beauty of alot of sets that don't look all that great on the internet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The 5 Cards in my collection ATM have been this exact scenario, I knew I was already going to love the card due to the amazing patches and set design but you barley find a picture that actually does the card justice. Once the cards arrived in my hand I was left speechless everytime with how much better it looks in person.

I love going to card shows for this exact reason because you can really grasp the beauty of alot of sets that don't look all that great on the internet.

Show some pics!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, now that is sure one card that you will cherish for a very, very long time! I too have experienced this on a few occasions. When I received my 01-02 SPGU Auto / Patch of Martin Brodeur, I think my heart must have skipped a few beats.

In retrospect, this was my first ever "big card" so to speak. I've only had very few memorabilia & auto's cards before this one when I first started to collect, and I just couldn't even put into words how I felt about landing this card for my Brodeur PC. The patch is nothing special colour-wise, but I believe it's from the front NJD crest. The best thing about this card is how it was designed, and how its simplicity just makes it pop. I'll never trade this card, and I'd rather sell off all of my other cards before getting rid of this beauty. It was a great mail day that day, that's for sure.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Beaszt519's Items on eBay

Last edited by Beaszt519; 07-27-2015 at 08:05 PM.