Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Generosity is alive and well in this hobby...

Compared to some collectors I've met over the years, my time in this hobby hasn't been very much in terms of years. I started getting involved with this great hobby when I was a little kid (Late 90's/early 2000's), but hardly knew anything about cards at all. Fast forward a few years later, and you could find me busting packs of 05-06 Parkhurst back in 2005 hoping to hit anything. A base card of my favourite goalies, a sweet insert, or maybe, just maybe, an autograph. [Insert joke about me pulling a Parkhurst Ben Walter autograph and thinking I'd pulled a monster card] :champs:

After learning more and more about this hobby (and more trips to the variety store later), I finally had some direction in this hobby. And after joining my first trading forum in 2011, those positive experiences have multiplied. I've met so many great collectors on here, all with there show of jaw dropping cards that they are proud to add to their collections, and stories about how they found the collecting "itch", along with many, many stories of pure generosity that have been shown to them by fellow collectors on the forums. Today I'd like to share one of those stories with you all.

Although we all have faced out fair share of abuse in this hobby one way or another, whether you have been cheated out of cards, scammed, or flat out insulted for whatever reason, those 'bad apples' will always be there, and the same thing goes with life. However, amongst all the frustration any hobby can bring, I'd like to assure you that there are so much good left in this hobby that makes it all worth it, and it makes me proud to call myself a collector and be grouped into such a well-connected group of people who all share the same interest in the hobby as I do.

So without further ado, I'd like to showoff today's mail day with a little backstory behind it.

Last Monday I received a PM from CanucksFan007 (Steffen) about some cards he had for my PC's, and told me to send over my addy and he'd ship them out to me.

Before that PM I have never dealt with him before that day, and thought how awesome it was of him to reach out to me like that out of the blue. So after sending him my info, I waited patiently for that golden envelope to appear in the mail box.

After a week of waiting, I received the cards, as promised...

After flipping through these first few cards, I was pumped to add those cards to my Brodeur PC, and thought that just one of these cards would have been enough to appreciate his generosity, but to add all of these to my collection were really a nice surprise. Out of this lot, my favourites are the Black Diamond Die-Cut and the BD Triple Diamond. Adding this 5-card lot to my Brodeur PC made me one happy collector this afternoon.

The remaining two cards Steffen sent me are simply out of this world... For the Jhonas Enroth // Marc-Andre Fleury PC ....

2009-10 Jhonas Enroth SPGU Rookies Silver Spectrum 4/10

2006-07 Marc-Andre Fleury SPXcitement Autographs 2/10

As I write this post, I am still floored by his generosity. There is so much good in this hobby, and CanucksFan007 is a great example of that.

Thanks for making it this far everyone, and I hoped you enjoyed the read. :)

Happy Collecting,

Aaron
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

That is a VERY awesome show and an even better tell! Steffen is one of the nicest guys I know personally here on this site (most of the time hahahaaa) Almost every time I see him at a show he's pulled a handful of cards out of some dealer's box and just given them to me. Good stuff :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wow that is awesome!
    Pay it forward!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow that is awesome!
    Pay it forward!

Oh, I will, that's a given :) I've been on both ends of things like this, but never on this magnitude. There is karma in this hobby, and in life, that is one thing I know to be true :)

And as far as this random act of kindess goes, I do plan to Pay It Forward.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very awesome of them to send you those

SCF Rewards
    Country

Happy they made it to you, safe and sound! I shipped a package via Xpresspost guaranteed 48 hours delivery on the same day as I sent your package .... and its STILL in transit .... =S

Thanks for the kind words Ed! But there's no need for lying ...... im a SOB!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Those are some awesome cards! I can agree from experience that Steffen is a great member around here (even though he won't send me the last few Stempniak's I need LOL) but has helped me numerous times before with Stempniak's, some of them being freebies as well. Keep it up!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the kind words Ed! But there's no need for lying ...... im a SOB!

Agreed 100%...lol.

We've done 20 deals on here and they've all been lousy.