Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who should Kessel play with? 87 or 71?

Crosby or Malkin? This question doesn't take ice time into consideration, mind you. It's about who he'd play better with.

I say Malkin. For a few reasons.

First off, both Kessel and Crosby like to lead the rush, while Malkin likes to take a turn and kinda hang back. Where the other right wing option (Hornqvist) will keep up with Crosby and crash the net immediately, something Crosby LOVES in a winger. Another reason is that Crosby always does find that perfect pass, but is indeed known to be a passer, where Malkin can also do this but is more so known to be a shooter. Kessel is also a shooter, and unlike James Neal, can actually create his own shot. So you have that element of "oh my who's gonna shoot it?" if Kessel is with Malkin. Maybe you have this with Sid too, but I feel it's more scary for a goalie if he has to guess which of Kessel or Malkin is gonna shoot. And the final reason is, well, Hornqvist and Crosby just seemed to work so perfectly together, while Malkin has never really had a definite right winger lately. So putting him with Malkin and keeping Hornqvist with Crosby (at least to begin the season), it's a low risk high reward situation. If it doesn't work out, simply flip Kessel and Hornqvist. Nothing to lose, really.

How about you guys?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Crosby.
    Why? Because everyone says he is the best player in the world...So lets see what the best center-man can do with a world class sniper on his wing for an entire season! Kessel is a shoe in for 50 goals right?!! 60 even with the games elite play-maker?
    Not a fan of the Pens so not concerned with what is best for the team, just as a fan of the game who would like to see what the "great" 87 can do, or not do. No excuses with Kessel on his wing.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I think its Sid. The main reason is like mooneyes said. He is the "best player in the world". I would like to see a pure goal scorer with speed on Sids line. Sid plays more minutes you want Kessel out there. I want to see Sid set up Kessel.

I love Geno but I think Kessel works better with Sid. Geno possesses the puck more and is more dominant IMO. He likes to shoot often. That really doesn't work with Kessel (who also likes to shoot).

I would personally like to see Kunitz on the top line again. He and Sid were dominant for years and 1 down year for Kunitz doesn't mean to break that up. Put Horny with Geno as crashes the net which would work better for Geno.

Kunitz - Sid - Kessel
    Ploktionov - Geno - Horny
    Perron - Sutter - Bennett
    Dupuis - Sundqvist - Farnham

I would like to see the 2 Russians together. Hes a Big Physical boy and I like that on Genos line. Move Perron down to the third and you have a dangerous third with him and Sutter. I like the Balance there. Put Dupuis on the 4th and see how he does. Farnham is my boy and I love him. Also need some grit and he brings it. (My dream 4th line would have been Downie - Sill - Farnham)
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I think it's Crosby, and even for a Leafs fan like myself, it will be a joy to watch Kessel alongside Sidney Crosby. Love the trade or not, seeing Kessel lace them up beside one of the game's best will make any hockey fan happy. I think he'll hit 50!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Realistically, I think Kessel plays on a line with Malkin.

Why? Because of the style Kessel plays. Crosby is "the best player in the world" but he also needs/demands "the best effort" from his linemates. You know what Crosby is more excited about than Kessel? Pascal Dupuis being healthy. Dupuis may not be the flashiest or a gifted goal scorer but he brings that grittiness and is willing to work hard to obtain the puck in the dirty areas. Yes I do acknowledge the fact that Dupuis may not start on the first line after his injury and that he is 36 but I'm willing to bet he will work his butt off to get back to where he was prior to the blood clot. Also to note, take a look at the 14-15 season and how many linemates Crosby had to cycle through before he found any consistency (not always about the points). Dupuis on the first line is similar to why Abdelkader is on the first line. Hard work and grit. No need to be flashy. Just need to battle for the puck and the magic will follow.

As good as a player Kessel is, he just is not willing to go fight for the puck and his backcheck doesn't really exist. Kessel will shoot the puck and just wait for a teammate to dig for it. If Kessel can improve his defensive game that would be something. No really it would.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think its Sid. The main reason is like mooneyes said. He is the "best player in the world". I would like to see a pure goal scorer with speed on Sids line. Sid plays more minutes you want Kessel out there. I want to see Sid set up Kessel.

I love Geno but I think Kessel works better with Sid. Geno possesses the puck more and is more dominant IMO. He likes to shoot often. That really doesn't work with Kessel (who also likes to shoot).

I would personally like to see Kunitz on the top line again. He and Sid were dominant for years and 1 down year for Kunitz doesn't mean to break that up. Put Horny with Geno as crashes the net which would work better for Geno.

Kunitz - Sid - Kessel
    Ploktionov - Geno - Horny
    Perron - Sutter - Bennett
    Dupuis - Sundqvist - Farnham

I would like to see the 2 Russians together. Hes a Big Physical boy and I like that on Genos line. Move Perron down to the third and you have a dangerous third with him and Sutter. I like the Balance there. Put Dupuis on the 4th and see how he does. Farnham is my boy and I love him. Also need some grit and he brings it. (My dream 4th line would have been Downie - Sill - Farnham)

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
    PlotNIKOV(lol)-Malkin-Kessel
    Kunitz-Fehr-Dupuis
    Sheary-Bonino-Bennett

Farnham is a fast skater, but he cannot score. He just cannot. He has no place in a lineup that is trying to roll 4 scoring lines, whereas letting Sheary taste some NHL action has upside. Limited ice time so he isn't overplayed, but he gets to play. Let Sundqvist get some AHL time so he can get used to north american ice and such. He's been saying that the size is getting hard to get used to, which is respectable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
    PlotNIKOV(lol)-Malkin-Kessel
    Kunitz-Fehr-Dupuis
    Sheary-Bonino-Bennett

Farnham is a fast skater, but he cannot score. He just cannot. He has no place in a lineup that is trying to roll 4 scoring lines, whereas letting Sheary taste some NHL action has upside. Limited ice time so he isn't overplayed, but he gets to play. Let Sundqvist get some AHL time so he can get used to north american ice and such. He's been saying that the size is getting hard to get used to, which is respectable.

I knew I misspelled the Russians name haha. I wouldn't mind your lines. I still prefer Kunitz on the top but whatever. I have a question for you. Where is our toughness or physical play?

Ian Cole is it. We have nothing on the back end. Kunitz isn't afraid but who stands up when something happens? Who goes out there and dishes out the hits?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I knew I misspelled the Russians name haha. I wouldn't mind your lines. I still prefer Kunitz on the top but whatever. I have a question for you. Where is our toughness or physical play?

Ian Cole is it. We have nothing on the back end. Kunitz isn't afraid but who stands up when something happens? Who goes out there and dishes out the hits?

We don't need toughness. The Penguins don't win games with grit and physical play. They win with skating and scoring. Dupuis and Kunitz can hit, if you're worried about that. Perron has an agitator element to his game, and Hornqvist is like a honeybager. He just doesn't care, he does what he wants (and does it well). lol

But yeah, that was partially why Bortuzzo went to St.Louis and Cole came here. Bortuzzo is more physical, while Cole is more of a skating, puck moving defenseman. I'm not worried about that, really. 4 scoring lines is what we want. No more Craig Adams or Max Lapierre, none of that uselessness.