Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Cup Signature Patch vs Honorable Numbers

Focusing on my PC currently, and can't make a decision if I want to collect players from The Cup Signature Patch or Honorable Numbers Patch Auto. What does everyone else think?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Signature Patch, for the consistent insert numbers if nothing else. Good luck tracking down low-numbered Honorable Numbers cards of players with less than ten copies out there.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Signature Patches all day. Nothing against Honorable Numbers, but like Inferno states, the HN print runs vary so much, which can inflate the value for some players just based on their Jersey #.

I'd say if you want to focus on bulk, go for Signature Patches. If you want to focus on the aesthetics, or how the PC shapes up in terms of how look it looks, I'd say HN, as it gains a slight edge over the Sig. Patches set.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your collection!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Signature Patches if you're going to attempt to put a set together. Honorable Numbers are nice but you run into print runs /1, /2, /5 etc which will make it very challenging to attempt a set.

You could also try the Limited Logo's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Limited Logos comes in low short prints aswell :( Some years are also worse then previous unless u go for signature series.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

As mentioned above, if going for a set, Signature Patches is going to be easier on you. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've usually preferred the Signature Patches as you get more patch bang for your buck -- the Honorable Numbers look pretty cool but some years the patches are pretty small and overshadowed by the foil.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See Cardcaptain91's Items on eBay

Both!

As a player collector and higher end collector I think anything from cup patch auto wise is nice but the true rookie is obviously always best but if you collect a top guy then attaining a /99 RC with a logo patch is tough and way too expensive.

But IMO for personal preference I would prefer a sig patch just because you know the print run is consistent always.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd say it depends on the player and his jersey #. Sadly I'll buy a Joe Sakic honorable numbers#/19 for half the price of a player like Ryan Nugent Hopkins #/93. In my opinion, the honorable numbers are a fantastic set. Id take an honorable numbers card of a PC player 10x before the signature patch set. I really like the design of the honorable numbers, but I am also a sucker for emblems of endorsement and scripted sticks. But yes, if it is a highly sought out player or very low jersey number (15 or less), it would be an expensive under taking that's forsure

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (9)
    Country
    See baddaddy58's Items on eBay

Most sets in The Cup have some short prints or shorter print runs the Cup sets such as limited logos , honorable numbers , signature patches are examples. Depending on who you are collecting they can be had for a good price or expensive. Here is a tip if you are considering trying to complete any set acquire the shortest print ones first (usually the most expensive) or you will find yourself near complete going crazy trying to find the shortest prints.
    Here are some examples of short prints from all 3 sets mentioned.