Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Roddy Piper Dies

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I was in disbelief when I saw this on Facebook. The wrestling world has lost another legend too soon.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I wrote this on my blog, The Land of Whatever, and at www.2xzone.com:

Piper's Pit has been closed forever.

News has come across the wires of the passing of WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper at 61 from natural causes.

Billed as being from Scotland, Piper (real name: Roderick Toombs) was really from Canada, and regardless of which side of the moral fence he was on, Piper's rapid fire gift of gab charmed viewers, be it on a regional level (he lived in the Portland area most of his life) or national (NWA, WWF/E, TNA, WCW).

I first saw Piper on TV when he was in the NWA, working out of the Georgia & Mid-Atlantic areas, and appearing on WTBS (now simply TBS) on their Saturday night wrestling show. In 1984, he made the move to the north and signed with the then-World Wrestling Federation, touching off a long run that was interrupted only for movie roles in "Hell Comes to Frogtown" & "They Live". Unfortunately, after the John Carpenter classic, which co-starred Keith David & Meg Foster, Piper's film career was consigned to the direct-to-video file. He moved back to television, and co-starred with long time pal Jesse Ventura in a failed pilot, Tag Team, which was previously discussed. He made guest appearances on The Outer Limits, Walker, Texas Ranger, & The Mullets, among others, and often returned to WWE, if he wasn't committed elsewhere, to revive his legendary interview segment, Piper's Pit. He also appeared on the WWE Network series, Legends House.

RIP, Roddy.
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See toddsr's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well said hobbyfan
    He is a HOFer
    A Legend
    A Icon
    RIP HOT ROD

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay