Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gen.Henry H. Shelton

Gen.Henry H. Shelton served in the United States Army from 1963-2001. He served in Vietnam in an elite special forces unit as a Green Beret, served in Desert Storm, and was one of the leaders of the war in Kosovo. Gen.Shelton also served as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. He retired six days before the start of Operation Enduring Freedom.

Gen.Shelton earned a purple heart after he was impaled by a booby trap in Vietnam.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Tom Ridge

Tom Ridge served as the first secretary of the department of homeland security. He earned a bronze star for valor for his actions in the Vietnam War, was a politician for many years, including being the first enlisted Vietnam veteran elected to congress.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looking To Get Some Autographed Cards Framed

I have a lot of autographed cards that I would like to display in a matted frames, so I'm trying to get an idea of what sized frames and mats I'll need, and hopefully names of different websites where I might be able to find help to do what I want. I used a picture editing program on my computer to copy/paste some of my autographs onto matted frames to try to explain my ideas.
    In each of frames I want to use 8x10 pictures and the autographed cards are 3.5”x 2.5” or 2.5"x3.5" I haven't looked up the dimensions of the Desert Storm novelty dollar yet.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Those look amazing framed! Love the whole idea of this theme and it looks to have worked out great for you.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks! I've used an a picture editor to try to explain my idea, but right now I'm trying to find someone to cut frame mats the way I need them. I haven't framed any of my autographs yet, I just copy/pasted/ them onto a picture of a matted picture frame. Do you know where I can possibly find someone to cut a matte for an 8x10 and autographed cards?

I want to get them cut like the ones below, but I don't need them to be thick and multi-colored or anything like that.

Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 08-23-2016 at 02:16 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

Thanks! I've used an a picture editor to try to explain my idea, but right now I'm trying to find someone to cut frame mats the way I need them. I haven't framed any of my autographs yet, I just copy/pasted/ them onto a picture of a matted picture frame. Do you know where I can possibly find someone to cut a matte for an 8x10 and autographed cards?

I want to get them cut like the ones below, but I don't need them to be thick and multi-colored or anything like that.

That would be just awesome! I am sure Hobby Lobby or your local craft store can do some custom matting and cuts, I think those sort of places have the capacity to do that kind of work. By the way, your Desert Storm thread is super enjoyable to follow, and I have really enjoyed seeing your awesome progress, thanks for this cool project!

God bless,

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

CW4.Mike Durant

CW4.Mike Durant served in the United States Army from 1979-2001

As a helicopter pilot, he took part in missions such as Operation Prime Chance, the Invasion of Panama, Desert Storm and Operation Gothic Serpent.

In Desert Storm, he was the pilot of the first helicopter to engage a scud missile launcher. He is probably most well known though for being the pilot of black hawk helicopter call sign Super-64 that was shot down over Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993 while trying to help capture warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid. After the crash, he was dragged from the crash site and held prisoner for 11 days. That incident was later made into the movie, "Black Hawk Down".

During TV interviews, some of the people that took part in that mission have said that the real-life mission was even a lot more violent than the movie.

He was awarded the distiunguished flying cross for his actions in Desert Storm and Somalia, was awarded a purple heart, prisoner of war medal, bronze star and possibly some others.

During his career he flew more than 3,700 flight hours, including more than 1,400 flight hours wearing night vision goggles.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 09-21-2016 at 04:01 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Maj.Jeff Struecker

Maj.Jeff Struecker served in the United States Army from 1987-2011.

In 1989 he participated in the Invasion of Panama, in 1991 he served in Operation Desert Storm and in 1993 he took part in Operation Gothic Serpent "Black Hawk Down", which had a big impact on his life. Later in his career he served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 09-27-2016 at 02:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

John Ashcroft

John Ashcroft served as the United States Attorney General from 2001-2005. Prior to that, he previously served as the governor, senator and attorney general of Missouri.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Capt.Arthur Jackson

Capt.Arthur Jackson served in the United States Marine Corps, Army, and Army Reserves between 1943-1984

He won the Medal of Honor for his actions on the island of Peleliu in 1944 during WWII. He personally destroyed 12 bunkers and killed 50 Japanese soldiers using his gun, grenades and other explosive charges.
    Last edited by CliffAnderson92; 10-15-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast