Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

"Halak" of Self Control Got Me This NHL Debut Piece!

Don't forgetto "Like" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook to show yoursupport for this project!

So, here itis, the first of four new additions to be posted as they arrive.

Probably theone I'm most excited about, but the first to arrive, so what the heck, might aswell post it already!

Even beforethis guy made the NHL, I knew he was a special talent, and it was no surprisewhen he made it, but that's another story altogether.

JaroslavHalak was born on May 13, 1985 in Bratislava, Slovakia. He was drafted 271stoverall by Montreal in 2003, and then once turning pro, he continuously put upunreal numbers at the ECHL and AHL levels before finally getting his chancewith Montreal in 2006-07. He made his NHL debut on February 18, 2007 againstthe Columbus Blue Jackets in a 3-2 victory. He remained with Montreal until the2009-10 season, even supplanting Carey Price as the starter in that final year.In 2010-11, he was acquired by the St. Louis Blues, and he evenly splitgoaltending duties with Brian Elliott for several seasons. In 2013-14, theWashington Capitals acquired him for the end of the season before the New YorkIslanders signed him for the 2014-15 year. In that first year with the Isles, heposted a career high in wins and helped the Islanders back into the playoffs. As he is still active in the league, careernumbers will not be posted until he is gone from the show.

This piecethat you are looking at today is a photomatched 2006-07 Montreal Canadiens Set1 Road Jersey (Set 2 on the paperwork, but Meigray and the collar list it as aset 1. Halak only used a set 1 and set 3 that year) used by Halak in his NHLdebut, first win, and first loss, for a total of three games. The wear issubstantial and is a fine piece of NHL history.

Acquiredfrom: Players Choice Sports with Meigraypaperwork

Dates ofGame Use:
    February 18,2007 v Columbus (3-2W, 31-33)
    February 22,2007 v Nashville (6-5SOW, 26-31)
    February 24,2007 v Islanders (3-2L, 28-31)

Photomatched:YES

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great pickup Bruce! I had the pleasure of holding this jersey for a few minutes when the guys got in the huge Canadiens memorabilia collection. It's a beauty!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ramz9082's Items on eBay

Huge Halak fan, so jealous of this pick up. Awesome addition to your museum!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Well done, Bruce! Another solid add-on to your collection - and a NHL Debut jersey to boot!

Very nice!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm definitely no Habs fan, but that jersey is a beauty, Bruce. Halak has always been a goalie I liked.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

Daaaayyyyyuuuum! Are u thinking of getting any of your jerseys Auto'd?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Thanks for all of the comments guys!

Daaaayyyyyuuuum! Are u thinking of getting any of your jerseys Auto'd?

The game worn community (myself included), are quite fickle about getting gamers autographed (especially jerseys). The main reason is that it alters it from the original game worn state it's in. As a result, autographed jerseys generally sell for noticeably less than their unautographed counterparts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kuz-22's Items on eBay

Wow Halak very nice!