Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Can anyone tell me anything about this card?

I come to you, my SCF friends, to see if you can help me out with any info on this card. I received it (from Russia) on Friday, so it's time to ask.

img141 by kekinsley, on Flickr

img142 by kekinsley, on Flickr

I have no idea if the thing is legit or not, though I am leaning toward "no."

What I know is this: Andrew Shaw has never worn #81. That alone kept me from passing on this card the first few times I saw it, thinking it's fake. However, that is his face. The picture on the back is him. So, with so many pics available, why photoshop a pic (if this were a face)? Also, it looks like the pic could be from a pregame skate or something.

On the back, it does say "Ice" and I have seen these for sale before, not knowing if they were legit or not. However, at least I've seen them.

At the end of the day, I am not too concerned either way. If it's "fake," I will just look at it as a custom card and move on. Not a big deal.

I would really just like to know.

Any help y'all can give me is greatly appreciated!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Hmmm, maybe it was a promo card? You never know. I personally haven't seen any cards like this, but it's still a very unique addition to your collection, even if it is a fake or someone's custom PS work.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kuz-22's Items on eBay

They were made by Russian ICE. Its really just a custom card more or less that I consider to be random unlisted cards. European players have more of this kind of stuff olympics and KHL. This particular card was probably part of a made team set for the Hawks 2nd cup here is the Hossa Version.

Last edited by kuzniar42; 08-10-2015 at 02:12 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Well I have no idea other than I think its someone's custom work.

Look at the Helmet on the #81 Jersey. The Helmet # looks like it says 65. It definitely doesn't say 81.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know anything about the card itself, but the picture of Shaw wearing 81 is almost assuredly from the game that they all wore Hossa jerseys during warmup to honor Hossa's 1000th NHL game.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658613

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I appreciate all the comments and info...certainly some things I didn't think about (like Hossa's 1000th game). I'm happy one way or the other, it's just curiosity at this point.