Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Am I crazy or....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Am I crazy or....

Is Teemu playing for a few teams at once here?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEEMU-SELANNE...item28045563f5

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See robbypod's Items on eBay

i believe that is from when north american all stars played european all stars and that is why u see so much representation

SCF Rewards
    Country

True, I forgot they made everyone wear their own country's patch that game. What's the logo on his helmet though?

And also, I figured for a set where it said "Super Rookie" that they might try to have it somewhat close to a rookie year picture, but I digress.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Maybe I'm completely off my rocker and I'm missing something...but why on earth do they have "Super Rookies" of non-rookies? Sure, Selanne was a "Super Rookie" a long time ago, but they also have guys like Pacioretty...who's rookie season was just meh. I don't get it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See robbypod's Items on eBay

i have done some looking and i think the helmet just has a star on it to represent all star. i think it was worn in 99-00 all star game

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

I believe it is from the 1997-98 NHL All Star Game in Vancouver or 1998-99 game in Tampa Bay. Same jersey as this:
    http://www.gamewornauctions.net/prod...-3927-102.html

I can't get a match on that helmet label. Also can't see where the patch comes from... looks like Maple Leafs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Maybe I'm completely off my rocker and I'm missing something...but why on earth do they have "Super Rookies" of non-rookies? Sure, Selanne was a "Super Rookie" a long time ago, but they also have guys like Pacioretty...who's rookie season was just meh. I don't get it.

Because UD has run out of ideas. And they think that collectors are only interested in cards of about the top 50-100 players in the world and dont care about anyone else. That's why we keep getting sets with 60 current players and 40 retired "heroes," and to hell with the other 540 players in the NHL.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

The star looks like the logo from Tampa

Not Vancouver