Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

So glad I didn't invest into ITG products... turning out to be a huge scam.

I would caution against valuing anything based on artifical scarcity. I highly doubt that if Topps went out of business that the stuff in their vault would get burned instead of paying their creditors.

For those who do not yet see grey in their beards, here's a flashback. Keep in mind that when Finest came out, $8/pack was considered a "high-end" product. The Democrats have also been in office for nearly 8-years, which means that everyone sues everyone these days (and are encouraged to do-so) and all that it would take is "one" collector who happens to be a lawyer and.........

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/archive/t-276410.html

I think that would depend o what Leaf bought exactly. If the corporation "In the Game" sold liability to Leaf, then all means, go for it. Otherwise, good luck suing a defunct company.

I still have no problems with this. When Pro Set flooded the market, we all really saw what value cardboard had. The Price of paper. Only the errors and unique cards like the holograms still hold value. When UD back door ed french language rookies in the 90s the price of those cards reached similar lows. Topps in the above quote post released untold copis of a key rookie and devalued their own cards. The bankruptcy of fleer and the selling of excess stock caused their cards to crash. i don't belive that any card company really "limits" their cards the way they say they do. How many times are we left wondering what's held back inserted?

Welcome to the modern Era of cards. You collection is as valuable le as the company's desire to print, or not.

Cheers,
    Reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would caution against valuing anything based on artifical scarcity. I highly doubt that if Topps went out of business that the stuff in their vault would get burned instead of paying their creditors.

I think that would depend o what Leaf bought exactly. If the corporation "In the Game" sold liability to Leaf, then all means, go for it. Otherwise, good luck suing a defunct company.

I still have no problems with this. When Pro Set flooded the market, we all really saw what value cardboard had. The Price of paper. Only the errors and unique cards like the holograms still hold value. When UD back door ed french language rookies in the 90s the price of those cards reached similar lows. Topps in the above quote post released untold copis of a key rookie and devalued their own cards. The bankruptcy of fleer and the selling of excess stock caused their cards to crash. i don't belive that any card company really "limits" their cards the way they say they do. How many times are we left wondering what's held back inserted?

Welcome to the modern Era of cards. You collection is as valuable le as the company's desire to print, or not.

Cheers,
    Reoddai

I'm not a lawyer (thankfully) and I have no intention of suing anyone. My point was, that it only takes one collector who is a lawyer and then the fun starts.

Your comparisons to Pro Set and UD French aren't valid in this area because Pro Set never explicitly stated print-runs on their products. The same holds true with UD in the early 90's. The reason why Topps lost, was because from a legal standpoint, the collector argued that he purchased the specific products based-upon the facts/numbers/print-runs that Topps provided. When the numbers proved to be false, I'm sure that the lawyers argued as a form of false advertising or perhaps even fraud on the part of Topps.

Again no legal expert here but having a couple of incorporated companies myself, I do know that when one incorporated company purchases another, they buy the good, the bad and the ugly. In most cases, the "good" drives the price of the company into sometimes ridiculous values while the bad and possible "ugly", balance things out and help set the overall "realistic" value of a company. Does this mean anyone will eventually sue Leaf - time will tell but going forward, I think their sales will only decline further.

In the meantime, things are likely to only get worse in terms of "limited" cards and products showing up, then people can imagine. Right now, we are only seeing singles and subsequently sets openly being offered in the market but things usually don't start hitting rock-bottom, until you start seeing the wax being dumped into the market.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How can anyone trust unnumbered stuff when you can barely trust numbered product?
    Let China get a hold of these...they'll make a million for you if you want like in basketball....

Was never a fan of these gold/silver/etc. means this print run...you can't prove anything with it...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Johnnycoldcuts's Items on eBay

How can anyone trust unnumbered stuff when you can barely trust numbered product?
    Let China get a hold of these...they'll make a million for you if you want like in basketball....

Was never a fan of these gold/silver/etc. means this print run...you can't prove anything with it...

But to be fair, you arent a fan of anything. Comment doesnt mean much.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Totally disappointed. Probably the end of card collecting for me. Too many stories about all Card companies.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Nope. They got the memorabilia and some other assets.

Vault was the liquidation of the replacement stock for Superlative and Ultimate.

The rest, who knows what deals were made?

Thanks for setting that straight. And apologies to Leaf for suggesting it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Hopefully someone sues Brian Price. As he has been banned on another site, I would also like him gone from here. He has not given any comments or statements. Disgraceful.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

When will everyone learn that "investing" in cards is a bad idea? You should buy cards to collect. You should only spend money on cards that is disposible, with no hope of ever getting it back. If you don't, you will get burned eventually. Sorry to disappoint you if you didn't already know this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

When will everyone learn that "investing" in cards is a bad idea? You should buy cards to collect. You should only spend money on cards that is disposible, with no hope of ever getting it back. If you don't, you will get burned eventually. Sorry to disappoint you if you didn't already know this.

It's not a matter of investment that upsets people, it's the fact that hard earned money has been spent expecting one thing, and now realizing you have been given something different. Let's just hope there's a limited amount of stuff that will surface.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I actually think Kuba makes a good point. Cards released with "stated" print runs never sat well with me. Would it be so hard to believe that extra cards were printed for replacement, promotional or in-house purposes? if the "stated" print runs were accurate, where did all these Vault cards come from?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast