Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

I will allow people to draw their own conclusions.

WOW would I love to hear an explanation on this one! I don't believe we ever will however. Great post.
    FINDERS FEE: 10/11 BTP Lumbergraphs, 17 Leaf Masked Men Nameplate, Leaf Pearl Letter or Lace Giacomins.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sooooo Auto'd cards are made for replacement, but stickers not applied. Then when clearing everything out, burn through the rest of the stickers?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

Sooooo Auto'd cards are made for replacement, but stickers not applied. Then when clearing everything out, burn through the rest of the stickers?

Does anyone know what the cutoff date for damage replacements was? I'd be curious to know as if someone pulled that card in 2012/13 and had it replaced then so be it, but this seems awful fishy...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If they were still replacing cards (due to damage) in 2012, that were packed out in 2006, I would be shocked.

Does anyone know what the cutoff date for damage replacements was? I'd be curious to know as if someone pulled that card in 2012/13 and had it replaced then so be it, but this seems awful fishy...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Wow.. good sleuthing RGM81... that's pretty bold on their part, and we all know their ties to ITG.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Just when you think you couldn't see any more types of twists on this...damn.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Who wants to see a 2013-style Carey Price autograph on a 2006-07 card?

I was doing a little research on a value and came across this...

Carey Price's signature in 2006-07 didn't look like that. It looked like this.

or this:

There is zero possibility that Carey Price was signing cards with #31 while he was with the Tri-City Americans. That particular style of signature didn't come around until much later. His auto has changed a lot over the years, and the style shown on the 2006-07 card was in effect during this time period:
    2013-14 Between the Pipes Autograph

Allow me to reiterate - there is zero chance that Carey Price signed his sticker autos in 2005-2007 in the fashion that is shown on that card. I own, or have owned, a copy of almost every style of his autograph from his junior days until the present. I consider myself to be an authority on the subject.

The card at the top of this post was sold in July 2015 by north-of-7.

I will allow people to draw their own conclusions.

Well, I cannot see the two pictures in the middle to see what Price's signature looked like in 2006-07. But what I do have is this Price card pulled from BTP 2007-08:

It is definitely different than the two cards I can see (I am assuming it is similar to THIS), but it always struck me that he signed #31, when he was #29 in Hamilton, at least in that card. I know he was with Montreal most of that season, but he either started the season or played games in Hamilton that season. This set came out in 2008, April I think, so it's possible they were signed after he was in Montreal.

Anyway, the card sold by north-of-7 is definitely odd. Why put that sticker on an older card? It had to be applied much later. Using it as a damage replacement does not make sense. There has to be limitations of how long you can expect a damage replacement card and there is no way ITG would (or should) take old cards, put new stickers on them and keep them in inventory. Did they not sell their sticker auto inventory to Leaf too? Odd.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Weird that the other two aren't showing for you. I can still see them...but it may be b/c I traded those two today. Haha

Anyways, the old school auto is like this:

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I see them now. Thanks.

That is just so... wrong.

You cannot see well enough to tell in the picture, but i wonder if the sticker has the ITG watermark on it.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It doesn't have the "in the game" script on it, but the company changed their labels in later years so that they would be less conspicuous on the card. If you download the photo and zoom in on it, you can make out that it is a sticker.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast