Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lpcgy71's Items on eBay

Question for the experts

I have a chance to get a 09/10 btp pelle Lindbergh gold pad card true 1/1 but my concern is it has the best of hockey stamp on the right top corner now.does this stamp take away from its value at all.i am kinda of concerned that they have now wrecked a 1/1 card with this stamp now.is it worth as much with the stamp on it now or is it now a defaced true 1/1 card.what kind of value would you put on such a card now.opinions would be appreciated.thanks

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

First, you need to understand that this is not the 1/1 pack pulled version. It is a replacement stock card so it was never the true 1/1 pack pulled version. Look at what other stamped Lindbergh cards have sold for to get an idea of value. Based on comparable Ebay sales, there appears to be a range of $40-100 depending on the card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lpcgy71's Items on eBay

Thanks that's what I needed to know.so it is pretty much like the itg ultimate vault true gold 1/1 cards that are stamped.may be a 1/1 but not the true product 1/1 gold version.the guy wants $200 for it.
    Last edited by flamguinfan; 08-20-2015 at 11:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

Thanks that's what I needed to know.so it is pretty much like the itg ultimate vault true gold 1/1 cards that are stamped.may be a 1/1 but not the true product 1/1 gold version.the guy wants $200 for it.

$200 is probably high given what it is but if you really like it there is no such thing as too much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Hi! I answered over on HI but will add this here: I believe that it is possible that the "Best of Hockey" cards could be ones that were originally issued in packs. Leaf was very active on eBay acquiring cards for Best of Hockey. However, there is no way to know for sure if any particular card was from a pack-out or from those overproduced for whatever reason and subsequently released.

As I said on HI, I am now going under the assumption that most if not all of these 1/1 cards (with the exception of Stickwork, I fervently hope!) have at least one and possibly several more "1/1" copies out there, so I'll pay whatever it's worth to me to have a memorabilia card of that player, without assigning extra value for the perceived print run.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I'd probably pay no more than $60-$75 for that Lindbergh with a "Best of Hockey" stamp on it. I ***really*** dislike those stamps!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I think the 'Best of Hockey' cards were pack pulled. I think there were a lot of Decades 80's and BTP boxes that did not sell which is why you see a ton of them in Leaf Best of Hockey now. I master collect Decades 90's and have run into a lot of collectors. I have never seen an 80's collector. I bought many ITG Best of Hockey cards for literally $15-$20 of the best patches and best names... only some I have sold on comc.com and for not much of a profit.

I think one day someone may buy the Lindberg for $60-70 but it will take a long time. When this release first came out they were huge and within 1 month it was like people didn't know what the hell it was.

Same with a lot of products, really, but the 1/1 stamp on it devalues the card triple-fold for me.

Did Leaf just stamp a 1/1 with a 1/1 stamp? Then I lose faith in humanity and that card is worth 10-fold less to me. How the hell you could you do that to collectors? Maybe these are Vault cards but no one had the decency to let you know.

When life gives you lemons.... you add vodka to it and sell it back to life.
    Master List: Hidden Content