Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have a lot of ITG cards in my collection. They are not going anywhere. I would still like to complete the basic auto sets of BTP (07/08, 09/10, 11/12) and I will still buy older boxes of BTP, H&P, Decades, etc. to add to those collections as well. The situation sucks, but since I almost never sell or trade anything anyway, it doesn't affect me much. The cards are still good cards, even if there are more out there than there should be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm 98.8% of the way to completing my Lord Stanley's Mug PC, not gonna change course now. Of course none of the cards that I need seem to have surfaced recently, so maybe it was one of the sets ITG didn't have much surplus stock made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

It's still good stuff and worth keeping, but like many people have said, I'll be paying less than what I would have before and won't attach much of a premium to (supposed) scarcity. I won't bother with non-mem, non-auto parallels at all unless they are a ridiculous deal that is too low to pass up. I'll sell a few pieces if I can get close to what I want for them, otherwise will keep them vs. virtually giving them away.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins
    See JHIA8234's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

What was the announcement? Totally missed it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

JJ,

Look at this thread

Thread: For a fee, I'm happy to be your back-door man...
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Overall I am disappointed about the dumping. My hockey collection is mainly ITG. I will not be selling or giving them away, but will not buy what I need at a premium. I do not think this will affect my main set of 04/05 Franchises.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I collect because I love collecting, if you "invested" money into this hobby you need to go take a basic investing class. My Mario PC has all kinds of unknown print runs and cards that are "worthless", but you know does not matter to me. Do I feel slighted by all this? Nope not in the least, i have been spending money on some really nice cards, and even the vaults, just like a show card some appreciate some don't.

The only ones I feel for are those that thought they had all the copies of a card, now there are more. In all honesty does it matter if there are 5 or now 6, nope not really. I remember the Upper Deck 98-99 fiasco with Jagr, there were two 1/1's. So why is this worse, simple, people trusted ITG and now find out the new owners (or whomever) are selling off what was around. Again they are in business to make money.

So, long story short, collect what you love, spend your extra money wisely. Just imagine if some old guy out there has 1000 T206 Honus Wagner cards, oh my what a disaster!!! However, more for people to collect and love!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

At the end of the day, it's all cardboard.. Collect what you like sell/trade what you don't and have fun.. To answer the question, I'm not selling a single ITG card that is in my PC.. Some of my best cards are ITG (Hainsworth cut auto, Richard 1/1 auto, Plante 1/1 Complete Jersey etc)..

P-C
    --

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I'm still buying ITG.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay