Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This is the other side of the coin. I understand the outrage collectors are feeling, especially those who have dropped a lot of money on cards only to watch their values drop significantly. However as many people have indicated, they are seeing their collections through and will keep those items that are in their PC. For those people there may never be a better time to buy.

I have seen Roy and Plante ITG cards being offered on this site for a fraction of what they would have sold for last year. I was really tempted to grab a couple.

So there may be a silver lining after all ...

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, now I am glad the only heavy ITG collecting I did was the 07-08 H&P set/subsets. I guess I will keep all that I have and will still look for anything and everything from this set. Otherwise, I probably won't be getting any ITG stuff unless it's in the dollar bins...
    I collect anything I need from 07-08 Ultra hockey..07-08 Heroes and Prospects.
    Looking for JONAS BRODIN cards I need........also any YG's I need from various years
    Collecting 11-12 Contenders NHL INK GOLD
    Trade and Want list Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

ITG has the greatest Odjick cards. I'm keeping them for sure. I got a bunch of nice Habs cards from the Vault series and they are staying with me too.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I will not be adding anything more to it.

Quite a few cards have already been traded. More will be. When it comes to the Price PC, of the approximately 75 cards in there made by ITG, I will likely retain the O Canada collection, a few Tri-City Americans pieces, the Masked Men III redemption, and maybe a couple select others. The rest will be available for UD/Panini goodies.

There's some strong attachment to some of those cards. The O Canada stuff was a six-year project for me, completed when I finally got my hands on the Emblem. I haven't seen anything to this point that would suggest additional copies of its cards are being back-doored. The MMIII redemption was a great and fun chase to find 17 1/1's, and the card itself is amazing. Again, there's potential for those cards to mysteriously appear (I've only ever seen 1 other copy and only 5 in total were redeemed) but they haven't yet.

The rest? They're nice enough looking cards but UD and Panini are able to produce nicer ones with full logos and images. There's nothing special about them compared to any other card out there.

So if you wanna swap some Carey cards, I'm game.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins
    See JHIA8234's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Thanks a lot buddy!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Keeping all mine. I got too much money invested in them to sell them for pennies on the dollar. For instance my pc consists of:
    complete 2011-12 itg enforcers base (90 cards)
    complete 2011-12 itg enforcers instigator jerseys (60 cards)
    complete 2011-12 itg enforcers combatants jerseys (39 cards)
    90% complete 2011-12 itg enforcers autographs
    complete 2013-14 itg enforcers 2 base (90 cards)
    complete 2013-14 itg enforcers 2 instigator jerseys (24 cards)
    complete 2013-14 itg enforcers 2 instigator patches (24 cards)
    complete 2013-14 itg enforcers 2 combatants jerseys (38 cards)
    95% complete 2013-14 itg enforcers autographs
    plus another 14 or 15 red instigator jersey parallels and 2 tough patches 1/1.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Side note: If I read anymore comments about how cards aren't an investment and we should only collect what we like, I will punch my monitor. Please don't make me buy a new monitor! Those points are understood by all except perhaps the newest of the newbies and those comments have their place in the "how should I collect?" type of threads, but they drive me absolutely BONKERS when I see them liberally scattered in response to any concerns about devaluation. Gah!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Side note: If I read anymore comments about how cards aren't an investment and we should only collect what we like, I will punch my monitor. Please don't make me buy a new monitor! Those points are understood by all except perhaps the newest of the newbies and those comments have their place in the "how should I collect?" type of threads, but they drive me absolutely BONKERS when I see them liberally scattered in response to any concerns about devaluation. Gah!!

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Interesting replies, a lot more people keeping their collection that I thought. I figured many more would be keeping just a few, while getting rid of a larger %.

Cannot agree more with this post.

We know hockey is not a long term investment ..... we know we should not look at cardboard as dollars as cents.

Does the majority continuously knock on the people that want to trade by BV still? ..... or continuously point out that they are "true hobbyists" because they are collectors, and not flippers.

No one cares how you enjoy the hobby, no one tells you how to enjoy the hobby ..... cards cost money, all hobbys cost money ..... there is no way anyone on this site that isnt already a millionaire doesnt take money into consideration when buying singles and ripping wax.

The highest horses in the hobby have got to be the "BV is my religion" people and the "true hobbyists" telling everyone how to collect.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Only have one ITG card....hasek 3 color jersey 1 of 1 from the vault...
    Keeping it unless someone wants it for $20.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast