Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (58)
    Country

Yeah pretty much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Even though this doesn't justify anything, if you're looking for a for-profit company who does everything in the consumer's best interest and is 100% ethical and not completely profit-driven...good luck. But I think the part that upsets people the most is Dr. Price was constantly preaching how "customer focused" he was while constantly putting down his competition for doing the opposite. Then it turns out he was just blowing smoke and is no different than any other businessman.

That truly is the crux of the matter - we expect to get screwed by businesses, but the hypocrisy is what drives us nuts!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

That truly is the crux of the matter - we expect to get screwed by businesses, but the hypocrisy is what drives us nuts!

And this is why I believe that just because Price may be viewed as a hypocrite, it doesn't mean your collection is now "worthless" or should be unloaded for "pennies on the dollar" as some others on here have suggested. That's just silliness. Recent sales on ebay are indicating all is normal and that most people don't know/care about this.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And this is why I believe that just because Price may be viewed as a hypocrite, it doesn't mean your collection is now "worthless" or should be unloaded for "pennies on the dollar" as some others on here have suggested. That's just silliness. Recent sales on ebay are indicating all is normal and that most people don't know/care about this.

I suspect that we the message board types only make up, at most, 10% of collectors out there. Yeah card shop owners may know and they may let some of their more die-hard collectors know, and while this thread and the equivalent one over at HI has oodles of views, how much of the wider collecting base is aware? And even among those of us insiders and followers, how many people aren't really letting it affect them too much? As some have noted, the memorabilia is still credible as it was before. But the perception of the Price-led ITG has taken a bit of a hit. Will it be long-term? We'll have to wait and see. Meantime, if anybody out there wants to trade me stuff for stuff, I'm cool with that.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure if it's folks parting with their ITG cards more readily or just a coincidence, but I've managed to pick up 18 more 1/1's in the past few weeks from Lord Stanley's Mug, and always looking for more if anyone else is looking to clear out ITG goodies :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I would love to know the full and true story of what is going on. Until then I am soaking up ITG cards as they become cheaper. Is this rare auto I just bought a back-door print or did I just save $100+ ?

If it get's me to completing a set I wouldn't part with regardless of what happened then why would I complain that I just saved $100? I am now putting $100 more into collecting. If that $100 goes to an Upper Deck or Panini card now then you should be thankful for this ITG situation.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I would love to know the full and true story of what is going on. Until then I am soaking up ITG cards as they become cheaper. Is this rare auto I just bought a back-door print or did I just save $100+ ?

If it get's me to completing a set I wouldn't part with regardless of what happened then why would I complain that I just saved $100? I am now putting $100 more into collecting. If that $100 goes to an Upper Deck or Panini card now then you should be thankful for this ITG situation.

I was thinking the same thing, but after seeing the Carey Price auto, I don't know anymore. If I was working on a 2006-07 BTP auto set and got that Price card with a 2012-current style auto, it would not feel like I completed the set because it's not legit, even if the auto is authentic.

I still have a few BTP goaliegraph sets to finish up and I feel like I need to be extra careful now looking for those last cards I need.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I will take a crack at any and all ITG/LEAF Red Deer Rebels cards that I don't have! PM me please!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not sure if it's folks parting with their ITG cards more readily or just a coincidence, but I've managed to pick up 18 more 1/1's in the past few weeks from Lord Stanley's Mug, and always looking for more if anyone else is looking to clear out ITG goodies :)

Depends on who you bought them from.

As I know you've invested a ton of time & energy into Lord Stanley's Mug, and you've probably got more skin in the game than anybody for that set, I hope that all the recent pickups are legitimate 1/1's and not backdoored QC copies.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Depends on who you bought them from.

As I know you've invested a ton of time & energy into Lord Stanley's Mug, and you've probably got more skin in the game than anybody for that set, I hope that all the recent pickups are legitimate 1/1's and not backdoored QC copies.

Heh, I sure hope the same as well :)

For the 1/1's, the vast majority of them I know for sure were pulled well before the back door opened, I was more focused on non 1/1's and only recently got around to hammering out deals for them, so I don't have any reason to suspect any extra copies. I'd have to say I'd be extremely disappointed to put it lightly if multiple copies of 1/1's started surfacing - with 98 of them in hand though I have not seen a single duplicate to date, so I'm pretty encouraged. At the least though I wouldn't expect to ever see any backdoored Mega Patches which are the premium cards from the set - I know a member here returned the Bobby Baun because the material was too thick and it split the card open, so Dr. Price had the card remade with the same swatch but using 180 pt card stock instead of 100 pt - the fact that the card was remade rather than a QC copy being exchanged makes me feel a bit better that the high-end stuff should indeed be unique.

Of course I have found a couple x/10's from my want list from North of 7, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of excess Lord Stanley's Mug stock that got included in the liquidation, but hard to say conclusively as they were listed in a batch at the same time that other serial numbered cards from the set were listed and I doubt any of the serial numbered cards were back doored (since there were 5,000 boxes produced, and adding up the stated insertion numbers there were exactly 15,000 cards that were slated to fall 3 per box, including a few serial numbered). North of 7 sometimes takes months to relist things that don't sell, so it's entirely possible I missed these cards months ago when I wasn't focusing on the gold parallels, and they could still be legit pack pulls. I don't really have a huge issue if there are now 12 or 13 copies of the x/9 or x/10 cards, they're still pretty rare, and the collection will still look really nice...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456