Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

The way I buy my UD1 and UD2

2014 2015 Series 1 Hobby box $60
    6 YG
    2 worthless UD Game Jerseys
    YG Canvas odds 1:48
    Possible Exclusive #100
    Unlikely High Gloss #10
    Unlikely Auto

Series 1 Retail box $25
    6 YG
    same YG Canvas odds
    1 JSY

I just can't justify paying more than twice as much for the small number of additional "hits"

Love me some retail!!

Your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I mostly collect the YGs so the jerseys and short prints have little bearing on my decision making. I would probably stick to retail given that price comparison. After all, that would give me a shot at 12 YGs as opposed to 6 and some other potentially useless stuff.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I realize that other people may collect the jerseys and short prints but they would probably be better buying them on line in lots or off folks who bust cases, just my thoughts.
    Last edited by pwskelly; 08-22-2015 at 02:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can probably get 30 yg's for $60 if that's all you really want...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Assuming all the guys you need are low end YGs then you would be correct. However most YG sets have a few RCs that would cost more than the $1-$2 you suggest. That's why buying the retail boxes make sense to me.

You can probably get 30 yg's for $60 if that's all you really want...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Yeah it seems like a better deal that way but you also take out the chance at hitting something nice (other than YG). Like you said no exclusive or HG or Autos or POE or Buybacks. Also some of the other little things. If all you want are the YGs then yeah Retail is the logical choice but for me it takes away the chase of hitting that unlikely card.

I usually go Hobby but I have also bought lots of retail hoping to hit the big YG. So in the end I do both.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe that the "gambling" for that elusive hit is what pulls most collectors to hobby rather than retail so I agree with your statement.

I collect some of the SP Authentic autograph subsets like Marks of Distinction and Immortal Inks and I've learned the hard way that it is usually better to buy those online rather than burn through boxes and boxes of heavily overpriced wax hoping to hit lol.

Yeah it seems like a better deal that way but you also take out the chance at hitting something nice (other than YG). Like you said no exclusive or HG or Autos or POE or Buybacks. Also some of the other little things. If all you want are the YGs then yeah Retail is the logical choice but for me it takes away the chase of hitting that unlikely card.

I usually go Hobby but I have also bought lots of retail hoping to hit the big YG. So in the end I do both.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Assuming all the guys you need are low end YGs then you would be correct. However most YG sets have a few RCs that would cost more than the $1-$2 you suggest. That's why buying the retail boxes make sense to me.

In Kuba's world everybody other than Teemu Selanne is only a $2.50 auto at best.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

low end like John Gibson, Tanner Pearson, boone Jenner, dougie hamilton, seth jones, morgan reilly, curtis lazar, etc.

??

These are all a few bucks...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hobby boxes of 14-15 are like a $100 here...lol

Sometimes discounted tins/blasters make a lot of sense.

$25 for 6 yg's is not bad....~$4 average...per YG.... most sets sell for $5 average...so decent value..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast