Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (58)
    Country

I have no doubt McDavid will reach about 80-85 points. I also believe RNH, Yaks & Hall will all have a good year too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no doubt McDavid will reach about 80-85 points. I also believe RNH, Yaks & Hall will all have a good year too.

87 won the scoring title last year. So what you are saying is basically that you have no doubt that McDavid will be top 10 in the NHL in scoring.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Hockey News pegged him to finish 3rd in league scoring. I'm not sure I agree with that, but there are many who think he will be an elite scorer right away.

87 won the scoring title last year. So what you are saying is basically that you have no doubt that McDavid will be top 10 in the NHL in scoring.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hertl, I just don't buy it. He put up 15 goals / 25 points in 37 games two years ago.... and then 31 in 82 last year.

That's a drop from 0.675 PPG to 0.378. Is it really as big as it looks, though?

A drop of almost .3 PPG is pretty huge, but if you ignore the 4 goal game he had... and look at 21 in 36.... that's only 0.583 PPG, and suddenly the drop isn't as big.

I'm not saying that he isn't better than he showed last year... he may very well be.... but he was on pace for 55 points in his rookie year (before the injury) and scored only 31 last year (while playing every game). I would bank on him getting something in the middle of those two numbers (55 & 31). I'm not saying he'll max out at 40 points.... I called him a "40-something" point player. If he put up 29 goals and 16 assists... that'd be a pretty good season IMO.

Hertl struggled early last year, but let's remember he was only 20 years old. Then MacLellan buried him in the bottom 6 in the second half, but from what I read he looked really good playing center. He is a player that needs the puck and on a line with Thornton and Pavelski he wasn't seeing the puck much.

If you look at the top 20 scorers in the NHL last year, only 4 of them were under 25 when the season started. Tavares (2nd) was 23, Tarasenko (10th) was 22, Stamkos (14th) was 24, Tyler Johnson (14th) was 24, Johansen (16th) was 22. So no one Hertl's age was in the top 20 in scoring.

I don't think anyone viewed Tarasenko or Johnson as a superstar before last season and they were 2 years older than Hertl. If you just look at stats, Hertl hasn't been that impressive. But if you have seen his vision and hands, you should realize he has the potential to be a special player.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (58)
    Country

Yes .

SCF Rewards
    Country

Id say:

Mackinnon 85 points, Strome, Monahan & Sam Bennett around 150 points combined, Mcdavid 60 to 75 points.

#1 TYLER SEGUIN breaks 100 points :)

and goooooooo.......

edit: and Jack will get no more than 50 points LOL

Mackinnon 85 points.......

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Hockey News pegged him to finish 3rd in league scoring. I'm not sure I agree with that, but there are many who think he will be an elite scorer right away.

His odds are at 71.5 points...

Most experts don't have him in the top 10.

I would bet the Hockey News a million dollars on their prediction...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

Horvat?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Also I think Sam Reinhart could flourish in Buffalo this year. With Eichel and others who have been brought in he could have a nice year. I have actually bought some of his stuff as its not that expensive.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tierney
    Hayes
    Rask
    Lindholm
    Zibanejad
    Drouin
    Reinhart
    Silfverberg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast