Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best retail pulls?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Best retail pulls?

There has to be someone else out there that likes to take risks with hockey re-pack boxes and retail products in general, right? For some reason I really enjoy taking a chance repackaged sealed packs. My local Target retailer always carries boxes of either 10 packs for $9.99, 20 packs for $19.99, or 4 packs and 50 random cards for $7.99. So far, my best pull was a couple years ago when I bought the 10 for 10 deal and one of the packs was a 10-11 UD Series 1. I had no idea what to expect because I started collecting in late 2011, early 2012. As I thumbed through the cards, I noticed something different. I of course pulled the base from the back and then "slow-rolled" it. Boom, a Jordan Eberle Young Guns rookie card, which at the time had been going for quite the sum on eBay. I think that is what started my addiction to re-packs and retail boxes.

I am very curious to know if anyone else has purchased these re-packs and if so, what was your best pull, either for money value or personal value?

I'm eager to read your responses!

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

With no hobby shops near me, I'm basically forced to get stuff from Wal Mart, Shoppers Drug Mart. Back a few years I got 5 blasters of score and pulled 3 black ice parallels. They were somewhat sp'd. The odd blaster or tin yielded a jersey card. Nothing big.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fifthcup90's Items on eBay

Over the years I purchased tons of retail packs, mostly at Target, along with the other packaging methods they sometimes have. I have pulled many great cards. A UD Gretz jersey and Selanne double jersey back in 00/01 when they were tough, tons of YGs including many of the big ones, some very low numbered parallels, etc. I have pretty much stopped with new stuff as I am putting my hobby funds in vintage and older sets so I don't buy there anymore, but never had a bad experience that ran me away from the retail stuff. Maybe its because this is not a hockey area.
    I collect: Kurri, '70s Kelloggs and Topps hockey(also OPC), football, and baseball cards, vintage stars and World Series subset cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My best are Landeskog YG and RNH SP rookie from Score from the same Target

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country

A Mandi Schwartz jersey out if a tin of UDS1 from walmart followed by a tarasenko YG I pulled tonight from another tin !

SCF Rewards
    Country

I bought a blaster box and some random retail packs of OPC Platinum earlier this year at Toys'r'us and hit a rare base card variation of Rinne and a Black Ice Ekblad RC #'d to 25. The later during their summer sale, I bought two 14-15 UD1 tins at 15$ each and got 2 Ekblad YGs and a S.Reinhart YG. Not bad.

Never had much luck with older product or re-packaged stuff.
    Check out my Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got an OPC blank back in a blaster box at a Target.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Stamkos YG
    Hall YG
    Brodeur retro 20th anniversary missing link YG.

My 3 retail pulls of note for my time in the Hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I loved the repacked boxes. They're an inexpensive way to open some older products. Obviously you're not going to get the super hits, but it is still fun. Two things I will add:

They used to add one jersey card to each re-pack box (don't do it anymore). That's how I acquired 13 Sergei Samsonov 05-06 UD Jersey cards. I almost became a ritual to open the box and guess what color the Samsonov swatch would be.

Worst experience was with a re-packed football box. All of the packs had been previously opened (some not so carefully). Many of the packs contained fewer cards than the pack listed, so I know some cards had been removed. I e-mailed the company (no phone number listed) and was told that if I mailed the UPC code and my receipt to them, they would investigate. 18 months later, no response.

Still not enough to deter me from dropping a few bucks on these boxes.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

BANNED

Country
    See Cardcaptain91's Items on eBay

Stamkos YG was my first big hit!

From retail packs from dollarama!

This was 4 years ago though :))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast