Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Agree wholeheartedly. Except for the part about the lotto ticket. If I knew which numbers would hit, you better believe I'm buying that one. I stay away from the loose packs just for this reason. But if I were to buy them, I wouldn't have the gall to search them like that. Just seems sketch and slimy.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sadly not the worst ever.

Someone, I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere, snapped a photo of a guy sitting on the floor ripping up everything as though his life depended on it.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Back before most packs had decoys in them I walked into a Target and saw a guy weighing all the packs with a little scale. A couple a days later walked into a different Target and saw the same guy doing the same thing.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

"an older guy (30's)" ouch !!!!!

should have went over and asked him if he was gonna be much longer as you were waiting and kinda in a hurry. Hard for the target people to do anything the product is on display for sale, free to be searched through.
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Simple solution is to take all the packs he singled out from the search and buy them yourself. No one else is going to do anything about it. Follow him around town and do it again. Make a day out of it. :P
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Agree wholeheartedly. Except for the part about the lotto ticket. If I knew which numbers would hit, you better believe I'm buying that one. I stay away from the loose packs just for this reason. But if I were to buy them, I wouldn't have the gall to search them like that. Just seems sketch and slimy.

Example was not meant to convey a lotto ticket where you picked numbers. There everyone has a chance to pick those same numbers.

My example was a scratch-off ticket. I envision pack searchers to be the kind of people who would scratch off a ticket, see that it was a loser and say, "I'm not buying this one". They move on to the next ticket and the next until they uncover a winner and that's the one they buy.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stopped at the local Target. I mentioned his antics to several staffers and they could not have cared less.

Now you know part of the story behind Target's massive failure in Canada.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Sadly not the worst ever.

Someone, I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere, snapped a photo of a guy sitting on the floor ripping up everything as though his life depended on it.

I think that's the story I heard too.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

It was awhile back but my LCS would open a new box and let you pick your packs, and I believe it was SPA. Back when it came with 3 rows and 1 thick pack in each row. Obviously your chance at a patch. He would tell me you can take the thick pack, but if you do you have to take the whole row. I always thought that was fair. He wouldn't just let you grab the thick ones and take off

SCF Rewards
    Country

Walked into a Target about a month ago, saw a guy searching packs, 15 minutes later I saw him cracking in the parking lot, went and asked him if he got anything good, showed me a jersey card with huge creases coming off of the window of the jersey piece. I just laughed and walked away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast