Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Patrick Kane has name pulled by former junior hockey team

Patrick Kane’s former junior hockey team in London, Ontario, is distancing itself from the Blackhawks star in the wake of the Buffalo police investigation.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7...or-hockey-team

SCF Rewards
    Country

You would think that they would wait to see if he's actually guilty first...

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You would think that they would wait to see if he's actually guilty first...

The London Knights are not a court of law, they have every right, and are more than smart, to put as much distance from themselves and Kane as possible.

Hulk Hogan hasn't been charged with anything, either, should WWE trot him out with a live mic and maybe he won't say racist things?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

perhaps the Hawks could do the same to him that the Kings did to Richards, drop him immediately before any investigation is done. Richards has been found guilty but it's related to pain killers that he's more than likely used to play through injuries. Where is the union on that one, get the guy some help before kicking him to the curb all for the sake of money! Kane's allegations are way more severe and what's been done from the Hawks? Punched a cab driver already. When do they draw the line on this punk?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Bingo ... in the case of Kane, this is not the first time that he has had off-ice trouble. I thought he was low-class after the incident with the cab driver. The London Knights are seeing this pattern and want to get ahead of it. They are a business plain and simple. I don't think the Knights are presuming that Patrick Kane is guilty of anything, I think they are concerned that this is yet another high profile, off-ice incident which reflects poorly on Kane as well as his hockey team.

perhaps the Hawks could do the same to him that the Kings did to Richards, drop him immediately before any investigation is done. Richards has been found guilty but it's related to pain killers that he's more than likely used to play through injuries. Where is the union on that one, get the guy some help before kicking him to the curb all for the sake of money! Kane's allegations are way more severe and what's been done from the Hawks? Punched a cab driver already. When do they draw the line on this punk?

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Bingo ... in the case of Kane, this is not the first time that he has had off-ice trouble. I thought he was low-class after the incident with the cab driver. The London Knights are seeing this pattern and want to get ahead of it. They are a business plain and simple. I don't think the Knights are presuming that Patrick Kane is guilty of anything, I think they are concerned that this is yet another high profile, off-ice incident which reflects poorly on Kane as well as his hockey team.

It's pretty much a damned if you do, damned if you don't type thing.

The Hawks Owner (or President) - I can't recall his exact title said in an article, I have a big decision to make on how to proceed with Patrick Kane. If I suspend him, I will get backlash for suspending a great player, and hurting the Blackhawks chances this year. If I don't suspend him, I will get backlash for acting unethically and letting this behavior happen.

I heard (not sure if it's 100% true) that if nothing new comes up in the case by the time they report to training camp this month, he'll get suspended indefinitely

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Knights have it easy. It's not like they need to go back and strike him from their record books... they just need to stop putting up Patrick Kane banners, and naming scrimmage teams after him.

Hawks have it tough. They will (most likely) have to suspend him for some period of time (until charges are dropped, or his is found to be not-guilty).

It's easy to say that our society is built on the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise - but that is only the court of law. It's not how the court of public opinion works. If the Hawks don't suspend him, they'll be seen as condoning his behavior. Without charges (or a not-guilty verdict) that's a little easier to do.

There is are two HUGE differences between this and what happened with Richards in LA.

First off, most people would tell you that rape is far more disgusting than possession of drugs
    Second, the Hawks likely want to keep Kane (he's a good player) where the Kings wanted to find a way to rid themselves of Richards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Anyone teaching any Ethics class - specifically a Sports Management class starting this semester is going to have a field day using this example

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Seems he is guilty until proven innocent! Wonder what is taking so long for them to press charges?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Seems he is guilty until proven innocent! Wonder what is taking so long for them to press charges?

Every report I see here (as they put something in the Buffalo News all the time) is that they are still waiting on the Forensic Testing. Aka the rape kit results to come back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast