Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool Shut the front door! Monster mail month, 17 new 1/1's!

So I've been watching lots of Food Network today, and have Guy Fieri stuck in my head yelling "Shut the front door!"... which I find kinda amusing in light of the apparent ITG 'back dooring' of cards (someone needed to tell them to shut the back door too, lol!).

Annnnyways, ITG issues aside, I'm still a huge fan of the final product put out by the 'original ITG' - Lord Stanley's Mug... been chasing the master set for over a year now, and just reached the 99% mark for non-1/1's, but I've also been hard at work on the 1/1 cards as well. Of course some of them are buried deep in other player collector PC's, so I know I'll never get 'em all, but that won't stop me from seeing how close I can get! Including some incoming cards I'm up to 97 out of 460 - and a good chunk of that is thanks to a monster mail month this August with a whopping 17 new 1/1's for the collection. I'll have another batch to show hopefully in the near future when some more mail comes in, but for now, feast your eyes on these beauties.

From the Back to Back Cups subset, rather small swatches on these, but a nice two-colour Dave Keon!

A couple of Conn Smythe winners - was of course happy to see Burnaby Joe win one... as a Canucks I just want to burn the other one as it coulda shoulda been Linden or Bure, sigh.

A couple more Conn Smythe winners, just a single colour Guy Lafleur, but hard to beat a nice two-colour Great One!

A couple early 80's winners from the first couple years when I really started watching hockey as a young boy, fond memories!

Never saw him play, but always love nice vintage Leafs pieces!

A nice tribute set to Henri Richard, one card for each of the 11 years he won the cup. This is my 3rd gold 1/1 from the subset, this one commemorates his final Cup win.

While I was originally kinda meh on the design of these cards, I like the attention to detail how every single one has a multi-colour swatch. Some pretty nice autographs too - I was a big fan of Khabibulin in his Jets years, and how 'bout Milt Schmidt at 97 years old!

Now on to one of my favourite subsets, the game-used sticks, starting off in the modern era, a really nice Jagr...

I don't know much about Al Rollins although Mr. Wikipedia tells me he's one of three players to win a Hart trophy but not make it to the HoF (along with Tommy Anderson and Eric Lindros).

The previous sticks are nice, but it doesn't get much better than Terry Sawchuk, 'nuff said.

And on to my favourite subset of all the Mega Patches... too bad they couldn't get photos on all of them, but a nice sleeve number from the Leafs' president to start...

Next up a stunner of a Modano Stars swatch...

And on to the grand finale... do you believe in Big Foot?

I present... Burnaby Joe...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Awesome thread!

Have to agree with you. The Sakic Mega Patches is the top one in the thread!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Great cards!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great ITG haul! The designs are nicely done too. Very classy.

Great Mega Patches, the Sakic takes the cake here. Congrats !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just to round out the month of August, one more beauty showed up on the final day of the month, the scan doesn't quite do it justice but it's a real nice thick seam from Terrible Ted!