Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Eichel is doing what he should be doing, which is maximizing his current value. There is no guarantee that he will be a superstar. It's potential. If in three years, he is just another face on the ice, which would be considered a bust as the #2 overall pick with lots of hype, hopeful the money he is making now is still there for him.

He would be dumb not to take the deals. BTW, he also signed with Bauer.

I agree and D&A and Bauer just like Leaf are Businesses/Companies who made a business decision just like Leaf.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

Leaf cant even use pictures of him in his team uniform. This is absolute garbage. I don't collect leaf for rookies I collect them for vintage/retired stars. I would imagine most people do. This destroys UD by taking out a #2 rookie a (star) for that matter. It more importantly destroys Collectors who can no longer get the rookies they want from the products they want (FWA, Ultimate, Cup). Its different if its a retired player or something but this cant happen with a rookie.

This really irritates me and I hope he can still possibly sign for UD (something within the PA). I would have been super pissed if it was a Penguin so I feel you Buffalo fans.

I Want LEAF to know that they just screwed a LOT of collectors. I will be avoiding all Eichel Autos. This is terrible for the hobby Thanks Leaf

agree 100%. Do not want an auto of eichel with airbrushed uniforms on cheap cards like Leaf. BOOOOOOOO,

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

Well, I guess I'll be happy with his Young Guns card.
    I won't have a shot at an Ice 99, too expensive.
    Leaf, you'll still sell product, but not because you have Jack.
    Was bad enough with ITG and their non logo junk. Now we have two companies releasing cards with no logos.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Well, I guess I'll be happy with his Young Guns card.
    I won't have a shot at an Ice 99, too expensive.
    Leaf, you'll still sell product, but not because you have Jack.
    Was bad enough with ITG and their non logo junk. Now we have two companies releasing cards with no logos.

There's only one company making non logo cards, Leaf has taken over ITG and now they are one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

D&A handles themselves a lot different from that, and are certainly not that fair/generous. They had Myers under exclusive after he won the Calder, and you didn't see him make a public appearance at all after that. Plus after he signed the exclusive, he very very rarely signed IP anymore, despite being one of the guys who always would stop for you before that. D&A has some greedy owners that don't generally care except for what is good for them. At least my experience with meeting them...

I never met either of them, but they did have employees steal, what was it, 1.5 million dollars worth of product a little while ago?
    Greedy? Perhaps. It's sad that I can get some product at Bases Loaded for LESS than DACW (who buy in WAY more quantity).
    I've ™™™™™ed, and promptly been ignored.
    I'll likely get my cases from steelcity as long as the price is the same.

I'm glad about the DACW signing thing. I'll get an 8x10 to add to my wall and be grabbing some YG's.
    I'd even be happy with a Cup non auto RC patch to 99.
    FW non auto to 999, etc.

Won't be buying ANYTHING Leaf/ITG, unless there's a GOOD looking non sticker auto on ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I never met either of them, but they did have employees steal, what was it, 1.5 million dollars worth of product a little while ago?
    Greedy? Perhaps. It's sad that I can get some product at Bases Loaded for LESS than DACW (who buy in WAY more quantity).
    I've ™™™™™ed, and promptly been ignored.
    I'll likely get my cases from steelcity as long as the price is the same.

I'm glad about the DACW signing thing. I'll get an 8x10 to add to my wall and be grabbing some YG's.
    I'd even be happy with a Cup non auto RC patch to 99.
    FW non auto to 999, etc.

Won't be buying ANYTHING Leaf/ITG, unless there's a GOOD looking non sticker auto on ebay.

I got the wonderful pleasure of meeting Adam once. I came in maybe 30 minutes before they were closing and he didn't even make an effort to keep quiet and told his employee to try and get me out "as quick as possible" because it was clear I wasn't going to spend a lot.

Really rubbed me the wrong way. A lot of their current employees are great to chat with, but he was a complete you know what to me when I got to meet him, so not really a fan. I'll stick to the guys who are actually personable and care about you/what you collect.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Jack Eichel has returned his Upper Deck autograph cards!!!

Nice hair, though.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Ha ha good one Richard.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bimola's Items on eBay

My HUGE issue with D&A is that they will sell product to collectors but they are always first online with singles when a product is released. It is a conflict of interest for those who want to list any cards from a break when they flood the market before anyone else has a chance to list. I will NEVER buy product from them because of this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol, beat me to it.

ITGU = Higher End
    Ultimate = High-End
    Superlative = High-End

Now we get Pearl = SUPER High-End.

Makes is tougher and tougher for the average Joe (aka me) or kids to collect stuff.

How do you expect to get kids involved in the hobby when everything makes the transition to high-end?

There is so much faulty logic in this thread. Kids have collected prior to Eichel and will collect post Eichel. There are tons of cheap boxes to buy, filled with NHL stars including Sabres.

The reason kids don't collect cards is there are tons of hobbies available today that weren't there 30 years ago when I started collecting. It has nothing to do with card company releases. Card company releases are a reflection on how people collect, they aren't driving collecting habits. If Leaf could put a few cases of cheap base wax in every corner store in America you can bet they would, but those days are gone. I mean the corner store doesn't even exist anymore.

When someone says this or that high end release makes it hard for me to collect, what they are really saying is I wish I could buy that high end release instead of OPC or Score or Overtime or the many other affordable rips. The fact that there are 100K jet boats on my local river doesn't make my boat - worth a fraction of that - anymore fun to own. We can't all have the best stuff unfortunately (well some of us can but not me).

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast